Getting Started: OverDrive Media Install the software to download Audiobooks, Music and Movies
Access OverDrive two ways www.broomfieldlibrary.org or frontrange.lib.overdrive.com
From www.broomfieldlibrary.org click on “Downloadable Audiobooks & Music”
To download materials, you need to download free software. <ul><li>Click on “Help/FAQs” </li></ul><ul><li>Click on Quick Start Guide </li></ul>
3. Click on “Step 1 – Download and install free software” 4. Click on “To download and install OverDrive Media Console, click here.” This will take you to the OverDrive website.
5. Select the version of OverDrive you want to use by clicking on the corresponding radio button. This refers to the type of computer or mobile device you will use. 6. Click on “Download Now”
6. A window will open. Click on “Save File” 7. After it downloads, you need to double click on the setup file 8. Click “OK” to give permission to download the software
9. When prompted, click “Run” to download the software. Follow the directions on the OverDrive Media Console Setup Wizard. 10. To start, click “Next.”
11. Review the agreement and select “I Agree” 12. Click “Next” The installation folder is where the software will be saved. For most people, the default setting is usually sufficient. 13. Click “Next”
14. Confirm the installation by clicking “Next” Please wait for the installation to complete. 15. Installation Complete! Click “Close” to exit You’re almost ready to download materials!
16. Go to your desktop 17. Open the “OverDrive Media Console” by double clicking on the icon. It looks like this. 18. In OverDrive, click on Tools 19. Select “Windows MediaPlayer Security Upgrade”
This is the tricky part! To upgrade the security, you have to go to a website. This has to be done in Internet Explorer. 20. Click F1 to get the link to the website.
The help menu opens. 21. Scroll down to the first link: http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/indivsite 22. Click on the link
This will open a new window. If it opens in Mozilla Firefox, copy and paste the web address into Internet Explorer. 23. Click on “Upgrade” This box will open. 24. Click “Yes”
A message will appear at the bottom of this screen saying that the security upgrade is complete. You are ready to download audiobooks, music and movies!
To learn how to download material and for help with iPod / iTunes please see the additional tutorials.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.