2. Viasat1 just passed its second birthday. It has grown to become a well recognized brand and its name equals unprecedented quality entertainment in Ghana. Research done last year showed that our viewers like us and they like what we are about great movies, series, entertainment of an international standard. Our positioning resonates with our audience. HOWEVER there is a segment that feels a bit alienated because the channel is SO good, that it gives the impression that it is for the ELITE in Ghanaian society.WHY?
3. The Synovate surveys says “Even though the channel’s share of 17.8% in the High LSM segment is behind TV3,Metro and GTV, perceptions need to be managed in order not to be tagged a snob.”How do we solve the perception problem that our audience/prospects have about the issue of identity and separation to one of connection (channel empathy with audience) and tie it in with the universal connection….WHILE ensuring we remain aspirational and of high quality.How do Viasat 1 reflect back to Ghana, their beauty and uniqueness and remove perceived differences that disconnect us , and convince them that we are NUMBER 1 because of THEM? You make us who we are…CHALLANGE
4. What makes us who we are ? What makes us special? What is unique about us? What are we passionate about? What do we offer each other? What is our place in the world? How do we connect?The objective of the campaign is to find the associations/human qualities that are truly Ghanaian (but also universal at the same time, as we are connected) and get people to respond to that question. The intention of this concept is to tie in those Ghanaian qualities/associations to Viasat 1. Viasat 1 has to reflect Ghana.CONCEPT
5. A promo image campaign and connected idents would run fromAugust showcasing Viasat1 employees, our presenters, celebrities from music, football and politics and the team of children who won the Peace Cup. From August, the campaign would focus on promoting the Peace Cup and its qualities until October. The campaign can help promoting the News programme incorporating news anchors and reporters.Both participants and locations can be mix’n’matched according to Viasat 1 marketing and promotion needs.It is a simple and effective format that works the best if the idents are scheduled in breaks of the relevant programmes.IDEA
6. The execution will be lead by a producer with Ghanaian origin from Creative Services. MAP can assist in pre production and with the shooting, the post production can be made locally.The production could start in June/July, so the campaign can run from August till the end of 2011.A 45” image promo and 8x 30” idents are to be delivered. The idents are shot on the same location with the same people but without them talking for no extra cost.EXECUTION
7. WHATMAKES USWHOWE ARE?
10. YOU’RE IN THE OFFICETHEY’RE ON THE SCREENKIDS WHO WON THE PEACE CUPOUR AUDIENCE. THAT’S WHO MAKES US WHO WE ARE.THE NUMBER ONE ENTERTAINER IN GHANA
11. Brand Vision Be the Where the brand is going number one commercial TV channel in Ghana Key Target Insight (I) Entertain through films, Key Brand Benefit What the brand offersBrand Values Trustworthy series, comedy, football, music &What the brand is reality High quality (II) Inform (balanced & Entertainment at a Adventurous impartial) by means of local & whole new level The new international news, current affairs benchmark & documentaries (III) Educate by spreading info on health, home, family & fashion Viasat 1 offersthe latest, high quality Core Target Group local & international entertainment Brand Support Why you should believe in the brand