2. A fan is essentially an electrically powered device used to produce air flow, whose purpose is to facilitate creature comfort especially in the heat, ventilation, exhaust etc. There are many types of fans ranging from ceiling fans, pedestal fans, wall mounted fans, exhaust fans, table fans, and multi utility fans.
3. While ceiling fans are the most popular, all other types are used according to specific purposes. Ceiling fans are the most popular as their blades sweep a large area- up to 1200 mm ad a 235 cmm air delivery and silent motors, whereas pedestal, table or wall mounted can focus cooling only on specific areas.
4. They also consume more space in the interior. For this reason the new age, sleekly styled tower fans are becoming increasingly popular. They come with utility features like remote control, low wattage, timers, and digital controls.
5. Decorative ceiling fans are also becoming popular. They come in a range of colours, glitzy designs and even have light fittings attached to them. Some even have chandelier like attachments.
6. Pedestal fans have an air delivery range of 75cmm, height adjustable stands, rotating scope, castor wheels foe easy manoeuvrability. Some even have timers and even a night lamp for novelty.
7. Companies like Vguard are the leading manufacturers in quality fans with some great designs. After sales service and warranty is another salient feature. A latest invention is a window fan with no blades. The launch is waited for with bated breath.
8. The bladeless fan is so elegantly designed and noiseless that it seems like a feature when used in interiors. One of the highlights of this fan is that it is quieter as there is no buffering. Air flows smoothly without cutting of the air the surrounding air.
9. This fan is much safer for children as there are no blades or grills. The present design is a table top design. The best feature in this fan is that it consumes only 40W of power. It has a brushless motor with a speed of 4000 to 8000 rpm. Fans are looking to be futuristic in design as well as innovation.