View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Digital Advertising Analyst
1. Why should I add a Remarketing campaign?
2. How can I integrate Remarketing into my PPC strategy?
3. How can I target my Remarketing efforts?
4. How else can I use Remarketing to help drive conversions?
Remarketing is a feature that allows you reach
people who have previously visited your site, and
show them relevant ads while they’re browsing the
web on the Google Display Network.
• ~90% - 98% of clicks to your site do not convert into
• Conversion rates are typically high for Remarketing campaigns.
• Targeting is always most important. How much more targeted
can you get than users who already know who you are?
WHY SHOULD I ADD A REMARKETING CAMPAIGN?
• Remarketing campaigns show ads (both image and text ads) on
the Google Display Network.
• When creating your ads, remember that the audience will
already be familiar with your brand, so adjust your messaging
• When building your campaign think “Who do I want to target?”
HOW CAN I INTEGRATE REMARKETING INTO MY PPC
1. You need to install the Remarketing Tag
a. Navigate to ‘Shared Library’ > ‘Audiences’ > ‘Set Up Remarketing’
2. Create the appropriate Remarketing list for the type of
campaign you want to run
3. Create a new campaign for Remarketing
a. When selecting the campaign type, choose ‘Display Network Only’, then
The combinations you can come up with to target
users are endless.
• One of the most common combinations to target are users
who visited your site, but did not convert.
• Other targeting combinations include:
• Users who did not convert AND added a product to the
• Users who did convert AND only purchased the main
product, no accessories.
HOW CAN I TARGET MY REMARKETING EFFORTS?
To set up one of the Remarketing combinations, you
must first create a Remarketing List for each different
1. Go back to the ‘Audiences’ page in the ‘Shared Library’ and select ‘+
2. Select who you want to add to your first list and save that Remarketing list.
3. Create the second list for your combination and save the Remarketing list.
4. Then create a Remarketing list for your custom combination.
• Remarketing Lists for Search Ads
• Re-Engagement Ads
• Dynamic Remarketing
HOW ELSE CAN I USE REMARKETING TO DRIVE
RLSA allows you to optimize your search campaigns
specifically targeting some of the highest value
prospects, people who have visited your site in the
past, when they’re searching for what you sell.
• Client XYZ had one campaign that housed a set of core keywords that
brought in the vast majority of sales to the account.
• This client wanted to increase sales volume while staying aligned with
his cost per sale goal of $100.
• We’re already at dominating those core keywords at high positions and
high impression share.
• What should we do?
• Clone the existing core campaign with the core keywords, and target
everything the same, except for one difference.
• Target users who have been to the site but did not convert, and are
using one of those core keywords again in a later search.
Client’s Goal: $100 Sales and increased sales
Result: 61 additional sales at an average cost per sale of $51
• Hover to play video – hover over for 2 seconds and the video plays
• Cost per engagement pricing model
• Gives advertisers the chance to speak directly to their audience
through a small image ad that turns into a video ad.
• If you’re a retailer with a Google Merchant Center account, you can
create ads similarly to how you would create regular display ads, but
your ads will pull in variables to different products depending on what
products the searcher was looking at.
• Incredibly targeted and click-through rates at typically through the
roof for these ads.
Technical SEO in a
Semantic Search World
• Information architecture
• Developer workflows
• Importance of content
Director of Client Strategy