1. LEGAL MARKETING CONFERENCEHOW TO WIN AT SEARCH, SOCIAL & CONTENT MARKETING Arnie Kuenn, President, Vertical Measures - @ArnieK www.verticalmeasures.com
2. ABOUT YOUR PRESENTER… • President of Vertical Measures – A Search, Social & Content Marketing Agency • Instructor for the Content Marketing Institute & Online Marketing Institute • Been an Internet marketer longer than Google has existed.
3. “CONTENT MARKETING”
4. CONTENT MARKETING - THE TOP PRIORITY
5. WHAT IS CONTENT MARKETING?• Content marketing is the art of providing relevant, valuable content to your clients and prospects without selling or interrupting them.• Instead of pitching your services, you are delivering information that makes your prospective client more intelligent before they commit to you.• If you deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to clients, they ultimately reward you with their business and loyalty.
6. BUT WHY CONTENT MARKETING?
7. HOW IMPORTANT IS SEARCH? of all consumers use search prior to making a purchase of searchers conduct non- branded queries of buyers click on organic links vs the sponsored ads Source: GroupM
8. THINK LIKE A PUBLISHER!
9. DEVELOP YOUR STRATEGY - SUMMARY• Strategy will evolve through the whole process• Why are you creating the content you are creating?• Who is your audience?• What types of content will you create?• Who will create your content?• When will you develop your content?• What does success look like?
10. WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR?
11. START YOUR RESEARCH HERE! http://www.verticalmeasures.com/content/content-brainstorming-tools-for-2013/
12. LONG TAIL IS THE KEY!
13. KNOW YOUR KEYWORDS
14. MORE KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS Google Keyword Suggest Relate Searches
15. MORE KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS Google Insights YouTube Related Searches
16. More than 2204questions about“patent attorney”(exact match).More than 3,600using broad match!
17. Long tail searchesare the key tosuccess!
18. LIST ALL CONTENT IDEAS IN A SPREADSHEET
19. PUT TOGETHER AN EDITORIAL CALENDAR
20. BENEFITS OF A BLOG• Gives you a vehicle to post new content• Allows for internal linking• Keeps the search engines coming back – have 434% more indexed pages*• Have 2X as many backlinks*• Your site gets 55% more traffic*• You have 79% more Twitter followers* Source: *Hubspot
21. HOW IN-HOUSE COUNSEL USE AND PERCEIVE BLOGS • In-house attorneys exhibit widespread trust (84%) in blogs. • They read attorney-authored or firm-branded blogs more often than they read blogs written by actual journalists. • More than half of respondents said they think a prominent blog will influence clients to hire one firm over another. • While daily blog readership dropped 10% from 2010, weekly and monthly readership more than made up for it, shedding new light on the quality versus quantity debate.Source: Greentarget
22. ACHIEVING SUCCESS IS A CONTINUOUS, PLANNED OUT PROCESS
23. Tweet:Content Marketing Book – @AccelerateBook is FREE onAmazon Kindle – Today only! #LMA13 Kindle Version April 9, 2013 Only
24. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!More Traffic. More Leads. More Business. Contact: 888-476-1881 www.VerticalMeasures.com