Created by Veronica Pena
LS591.2, Dr. Haynes
TABLE OF CONTENTS
WHAT IS PLANNING
MULTIMEDIA YOUR WORK
SETTING GETTING STARTED
MULTIMEDIA WITH YOUR
AND PEER REVIEW
• Multimedia work is that which is made up of
more than one medium, such as
images, video, animation, sound, text, and
graphics such as charts and graphs.
• Creating multimedia projects help to express
oneself artistically or to convey information
about a topic.
• You will be working with your
partner to design and create a
Multimedia PowerPoint for the
• You will be experimenting with
some programs and tools that will
help you create your multimedia
• You will be integrating at least two
of the following forms of media:
images, video, sound, animation, t
• Your work must respect copyright
• You will present your PowerPoint
to the class.
PLANNING YOUR WORK
• Meet with your partner to discuss your summer reading of
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.
• Access the Interactive Flipbook to create begin sketching
your project using a storyboard.
• Each frame on the storyboard will represent one slide for
• You should include a rough draft of any text, describe or
sketch the kinds of images or video that you plan on using,
and note ideas for sound or types of sound you want to
include (bird call, rushing water, airplane, etc.).
• Make sure to print out your work before closing the
SELECTING MULTIMEDIA TOOLS
• You will not search for or create
images, sounds, and other resources
that they can use in your presentation.
• Review the rules for use of copyrighted
material by exploring the Checklist for
Copyright Clearance at
• You will need to follow copyright rules
when selecting images, sounds, and
other resources for your presentations.
• Go to
sources/ lesson_ images/
lesson1085/PDSources.html for a list
of public domain sites that are safe to
REVISE YOUR STORYBOARDS
• Revisit your storyboard and revise them to include
the specific sounds, images, video, etc. that you have
• Revise the text.
• Check with your teacher before you begin with your
PowerPoint or if you need assistance finding
GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR
• You will use Microsoft PowerPoint to create your
multimedia project based on your storyboard.
• Take time to visit and explore the PowerPoint in
the Classroom tutorial at
http://www.actden.com/pp/ to learn how to
create slides, make changes, add images and
charts, add motion, and add sound.
• Make sure to revisit the tutorial as needed!
AND PEER REVIEW
• You will present your multimedia work
with the class and allow each group and
answer any questions that they may have.
• Your peers will share specific elements they
liked and other specific suggestions for
PUBLISHING YOUR WORK
• Think about your peer reviews and use
the feedback to refine your PowerPoint.
• Publish your work by saving it to
“Hatchet Multimedia Projects” folder on
• Your teacher will do the following
evaluation of your work.
You have completed
READ/WRITE/THINK Students as Creators: Exploring Multimedia Lesson Plan
POWERPOINT IN THE CLASSROOM
ONLINE SOURCES FOR FINDING WORKS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN
http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/ lesson_ images/
CAN I USE IT? CHECKLIST FOR COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE
READ/WRITE/THINK Interactive Flipbook (StoryBoard)
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2007