Opportunities in Blogging
Blog Talk @ Techbar
i1 Bldg. - Techbar, Asiatown IT Park, Cebu City, Philippines
Filipino’s are Enthusiastic
are estimated toare estimated toare estimated toare estimated to
be connected.be connected.be connected.be connected.
ThatThatThatThat’’’’s close to 1s close to 1s close to 1s close to 1
out of 3 people.out of 3 people.out of 3 people.out of 3 people.
81%81%81%81% are beloware beloware beloware below
30 years old30 years old30 years old30 years old
1#1#1#1# in Video
66% have started/created a blog
90% have read a blog
42% regular blog readers
Part of a socialPart of a socialPart of a socialPart of a social
networknetworknetworknetwork –––– 16.2M16.2M16.2M16.2M
active inactive inactive inactive in FacebookFacebookFacebookFacebook
of handsets are
1 Billion1 Billion1 Billion1 Billion
SMS sent per daySMS sent per daySMS sent per daySMS sent per day
Filipinos are onFilipinos are onFilipinos are onFilipinos are on
What is a blog again?
A Blog is a website perse..derived from weblog
• With a journal format
• Arranged in reversed chronological order
• Personal in tone
Why people read (and participate) in blogs..
Blog talks to people openly, sincerely and
authentically – and we get to talk back.
Blogging on a personal note
Blogging Big Picture
• Individual – Personal/Professional Dev’t.
• Business - Promoting a blogging generation of
internet-based techno/social entrepreneurship
• Community - To become proactive citizens
promoting the dev’t of our community, country and
• National – Partnering with other organizations &
knowledge sharing through blogs
• International – Share what we do and know
• Media – Blogging as a distinct form of Media
• Governance – blog patrol, government
Tips, Tricks and Tweaks to blogging
• Insight Blogging
• #1 Site in the Philippines.
• More than 500M active users.
• 70% of users are outside US
• Average user has 130 followers/friends
• More than 70 translations
• More han 30 Billion pieces of content
shared each month
• The most famous microblogging platform
• Has around 105,779,710 registered users
• An average of 300h people added
• Gets 180M unique visitors per month
• 75% of its traffic are outside twit-o-sphere
• Twitter search engine gets 600M queries
Let your passion shape your blog.
• Blogging from Home – Janette Toral
• Blogs Eye View / Conversation by Design – David
• Rajiv Dingra – Watblog.com
• Chris Garrett – chrisg.com
• 25 Blogging Styles – Rohit Bhargava
• Blogging basics - Mark Normand
• Blogsessive.com – Alex Cristache
• Yahoo, Internet World Stats, AGB Nielsen 2008,
Asia Digital Marketing Association, Smart, Globe
• Letsgosago.net - Jonel Uy
• MySketchstudio.com – Misty Belardo
• Social Media and WP – Rob Angeles
Engr. Vernon Joseph M. Go
Cebu Bloggers Society Inc.