Gavino, Arvenz C. August 23, 2012BSIE 2nd yr. S-415, M-Th ENG204 HumanitiesData- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -Name of the Parish Church: Saint Francis Of Assisi Parish ChurchParish Priest: Rev. Fr. Inocensio B. Poblete Jr.Patron Saint: St. Francis of AssisiAddress: Sampalukan, Poblacion, General Trias Cavite (35 kilometers fromManila)Diocese: Diocese of ImusBishop: none but have an Administrator Fr. Sharkey BrownAssistant Parish Priests: Rev. Fr. Jerry C. Belen and Rev. Fr. Michael DulnuanNumber of Registered Catholics: 74, 244
Brief Description of the ChurchHistory- - - - - - - - - - - -Church of General Trias The first chapel in light materials and built the Franciscan missionaries in this area is avisitor just a hook in the year 1611. Then it was translated Jesus of Cavite Puerto mission in1624 and became an independent parish on September 8, 1753. The stone churches thatcommitted in 1769 led by Dona Maria Josepha Yrizza De Ursula Y, de lizarraga condesarepaired and in 1832 slightly injured by an earthquake in 1880, improved and beatified in 1885,predecessor of the shingle roof of galvanized iron in 1892 re-organized and enlarged in 1893,reverted to previous form in 1989, 1991. Felix Bishop P. Perez on June 22, 1991. In this churchthe old band practiced marcha Filipina before it began filling in the Philippines to proclaimliberty to the hook on June 12, 1899. Beside the Church of St. Francis of Assisi is a shrine,sheltering a carved image of San Francisco de Asis in a dead acacia tree, planted by Gen.Artemio Ricarte more than 100 years ago. On September 28, 2006, the said acacia tree wasdevastated by typhoon “Milenyo,” and then Gen. Trias Mayor Luis Ferrer IV and then parishpriest decided in consensus to have the statue of their patron saint carved in the wood, tosymbolize the strength and dynamism of the people of Gen. Trias amidst past challenges.