17. E ect of Heat Aging on the SealingCharacteristics of VEN-LUBE II 125 lb/bbl Slurries of VEN-LUBE II were hot-rolled In Tap water at 400 o F After hot-rolling 84 ml of aged VEN-LUBE II were to 235 ml of prehydrated bentonite slurry
18. E ect of Heat Aging on the SealingCharacteristics of VEN-LUBE IIResults: Sample Blank Initial 24 Hr 48 Hr 72 HrTime to Blow out 32 19 12 8Initial Seal,sec.
19. VEN-LUBE IIUtilized in most drilling areasthroughout the world
20. Case HistoryLocation: O shore LouisianaDepth, ft.: 5,100 vertical depth with angle built at 4° per 100 to a total angle of 65 oProblem: Excessive Torque and DragSolution: Utilize 3 lb/bbl of VEN-LUBE II through the Mud System. In addition, occasionally a 25 lb/bbl (25 bbl) sweep was run.Results: Well was logged and casing was set with minimal torque and drag. As a result, the operator has decided to incorporate VEN-LUBE II into the mud program of all future wells as a preventive measure.
21. Case HistoryLocation: Upper TexasGulf CoastDepth, ft.: 12,300Problem: Low pore pressure, Frio sand formation at 12,300 (As determined by 2 reference wells in the area.)Solution: Utilize 20 lb/bbl sweeps of VEN-LUBE II. In addition, a 40 bbl sweep as soon as the sand was encountered, and 40 bbl sweep after drilling through the problem sand area.Results: Successfully drilled through the problem sand area.A dynamic leak-o test to 17 ppg. Equivalent was then run. Pressure and circulation was maintained for ten minutes with no loss of mud. Normal drilling was continued. The mud was weighted up to control pore pressures encountered.
22. Case HistoryLocation: Upper Texas Gulf CoastDepth, ft.: 11,525Problem: Di erential Sticking while making a connection. Three joints of drill pipe and eight drill collars were left in hole.Solution: Utilize 10 lb/bbl sweep of VEN-LUBE II (25 bbl pills) during washover operations. In addition, 25 bbl sweeps per tour while drilling to prevent future problemsResults: Drill string was recovered. Sweeps were run for 3 days with no problems. After the sweeps, of VEN-LUBE II, were discounted the pipe became stuck at 11,782’. Once the pipe was jarred free, sweeps were reinstated and the well was drilled to T.D. (13,000’) without any further di culties.
23. VEN-LUBE IISummary
24. Summary Ven-Lube II is a novel, nonpolluting, solid drilling ﬂuid lubricant used in water based mud systems. Ven-Lube II can reduce hole problems: – Lubricity – Seepage loss/Fluid Loss – Stuck pipe – Wall Cake ConditionerImprove your next well proﬁtability GiveVen-Lube II a try!
25. VEN-LUBE IIA SPECIALIZED “SEALING” LUBRICANT
26. This is aVenture Chemicals, Inc.PowerPoint Presentation Available on 3.5 inch Disk or CD on Request 2012
27. THANKS for YOUR time, YOUR attention and YOUR interest inVEN-LUBE II