Providing Business Information / Data in a convenient form,
as desired for Business Analysis.
Analysis of Business Data for :
Conclusion / Inferences.
According to SAP Reports means Business Analysis.
Present the Data
Report Development Techniques
Interactive Reports / Drill Down Reports
Report Development Using Logical Databases.
Report generation using SAP Queries.
Report Development using ALV (ABAP List Viewer).
Task: To Develop Customer Information Report
Tables: KNA1- General Data in Customer Master
KUNNR --------- Customer Number
NAME1 --------- Customer Name
ORT01 ------------- City
LAND1 ------------ Country
ABAP Programming Guidelines and Naming Standards.
1. Separate each section of the program with a
descriptive full line comment.
2. Provides mid line comment for each data object or
type that refers to a dictionary definition.
3. User defined data type names should have the
prefix “ ty_”.
4. Define data types and then define the data objects
with reference to data types.
5. Work area names should have the prefix “ W”
6. Internal table names should have the prefix “T”.
7. Modularize the program , where ever possible.
• Report Events are predefined with in the ABAP programming
Environment. These events are triggered automatically
as per their purpose but are processed only when they
are specified in the report program.
Report Events are independent processing blocks in an
They can be defined anywhere in the ABAP program.
When the event gets triggered, a SAP system locates the
event block and then process the same.
To be processed when the event gets triggered>
TOP-OF-PAGE is processed every time , before a new page
is displayed onto the output.
Task : To Develop Customer Wise Sales Orders Report.
Specifications to be fulfilled:
Provides a selection screen accepting Customer Number
range and order number range.
2. Provide Page Header and Page Footer with page number on
3. Display Sub Total Order Value for each Customer’s Orders.
4. Display Grand Total Order Value for the report.
5. Display Sub Total Order Value in Words.
6. Details of every new customer to be displayed in a new
7. Do not display redundant data in the report.
8. Provide default input values to the selection Screen.
9. Validate input values of the selection screen.
Tables & Fields:
General Data in Customer Master
Sales Order - Header Data
Sales Order – Detail Data
Control Break Events:
These events are used only within Loop … Endloop.
AT NEW <field>.
AT END OF <field>.
Report Event : INITIALIZATION
If this event is specified in the report program , this will
be the first event to be processed by the SAP system.
This event will be processed only once, at the
beginning of the program execution.
This event is used :
To provide default values to selection
To initialize any other data objects.
To define Constants.
To execute any abap statement once, at
the beginning of the program
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.