I. BASIC INFORMATION :
• Official name : Republic of Poland (Rzeczospolita Polska).
• Surface: 323.000 km 2 (Twenty-three thousand square kilometers)
• Situation: Between the meridians 14º and 24 º East longitude and
parallels 49 º y 55 º North
• Límits: 3.538 km borders (Three thousand five hundred thirty-eigth km)
The Baltic sea North, Lithuania and the Russian Federation. To the East,
Belarus and Ukraine, South the Czech and Slovak Republics, West, the
Federal Republic of Germany.
• Population: 38.600.000 people ( Thirty-eight million six hundred
thousand people )
• Flag: Two equal red and white horizontal
• Capital: Varsovia (Warszawa)
• Other major cities: Lódz, 812.000 people; Cracovia (Krakow) 741.000 people;
Wro-claw, 639.000 people; Poznan, 580.000 people; Gdansk 461.000 people
• Language: The official language is Polish, a small German-speaking
• Religion: The majority of the population is Catholic, but there are other
religions, the most important is the orthodox.
• Currency: Zloty, divided into one hundred Groszy.
• State form: Parlamentary Republic
Centennial Pavilion in Wroclaw
Peace Church in Jawor ( Lower Silesian )
National Park of Bialowieza
Krakow, Market Square and Warsaw, Castle Square
III. DINING :
Tea and beer is the national drink of Poland
Dining Poland is influenced by neighboring countries (Russia, Ukraine
and Belarus), German, Turkish, Hungarian, Jewish or French.
Some typical Polisch meals are:
• Pierogi (Pasta) Kietbasa (Sausages) Golaka (Pork knuckle baked)
Sałatka Jarzynowa (Russian salad) Płacek po Cygańsku-po Zbojnicku-po
Wegiersku (But potato pancakes stuffed with pork and beef with cream on
top ) Pierniki ( Dessert marzipan and biscuit )