1. Manual for JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO1. INSTALLATION OF JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO2. COMPONENT SETTINGS 2.1. CATEGORIES MANAGER 2.2. FEED MANAGER 2.3 VIDEO MANAGER 2.3.1 Add Video 2.3.2 Import Multiple Videos 2.3.3 Import Single Video 2.3.4 Filtering and Reordering 2.4 PLAYLIST MANAGER 2.4.1 Import Private Playlist 2.4.2 Import Public Playlist 2.4.3 Update Playlist 2.5 FAVORITES MANAGER 2.6 SUBSCRIPTIONS MANAGER 2.7 SHARE VIDEO.3. VIEW SELECTION 3.1. CATEGORIE 3.2. CUSTOM FEED 3.3. FAVORITES 3.4. VIDEO FEED 3.5 MY FAVORITES 3.6 MY PLAYLIST 3.7 MY VIDEOS 3.8 PLAYLIST ENTRIES 3.9 SEARCH 3.10 SUBSCRIPTION CHANNEL 3.11 VIDEO4. MODULE INSTALLATION & SETTINGS 4.1. JTAG LATEST VIDEO 4.2. JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO 4.3 JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO TOP 10
2. 4.4 JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO SCROLL5. PLUGIN INSTALLATION SETTINGS 5.1. JTAG YOUTUBE JCE PLUGIN1. INSTALLATION OF JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO For installing the ‘JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO’ component, follow the extension link in the menu bar and rollover your mouse the scroll bar will slide down click on install/uninstall option. After clicking on install/uninstall, Click on Browse button and give the path of the file in your computer for installation of ‘JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO PRO’ component source file.
3. After providing the path, click on Upload & Install Button to complete the installationof ‘JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO’ component.If the installation goes successful, you will find the following message of ‘InstallationComponent Success’.
4. 2. COMPONENT SETTINGS: After installation move to the setting interface, click onthe components link in the menu bar, and click on ‘Jtag YouTube Video’.2.1. Categories: The first option is Categories where you create new categories, editexisting category, and also you can set Parameters.
5. You can publish and unpublished your category after creating.As one category can have multiple videos,so on clicking a category,you will see all itsvideos with their details.You can also reorder/sort videos for yourself.Also you can setthe option from admin side either to view video by thumb or by title.You can also setparameter from admin side to view in player view or list view after clicking a video.2.2. Feed Manager: In the feed list you can add YouTubes RSS feeds, to do this just go
6. to new you will find the list of available RSS feeds of the YouTube select one at a time,to make other do same again and select the different.2.3. Video Manager: In ‘Video Manager’ you can upload your personal video toYouTube account directly from here & also import the already existing YouTube videos.2.3.1 Add VideoClick the new button to upload new video, browse the path for the video to upload onYouTube, type the title select the video related to, type the description for the video andrelated tags. Provide the YouTube username, password and click Save button. This willtake some time to upload the video on YouTube.
7. You can edit the uploaded video by selecting the check box and click on edit button.You can see the Description, Views, Duration, Rating and Comments just by simpleclicking on a file in Video Playlist Page, and you can change the parameters of Video bysimply clicking on Parameter Button at the top of Page.
8. 2.3.2 Import Multiple Videos by YouTube usernameTo import existing videos of the YouTube, simply click on import button from Videomanager, you will be asked to put the YouTube username, select the limit optionaccording to your needs.2.3.3 Import single videos by YouTube video URLThere is another possibility of importing a single video by its URL, provide the VideoURL and click save button the video will be automatically added in the component. TheURL should look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdoE8GQeFo.
9. 2.3.4 Filtering And Reordering:There is a lot of diversity of search options. Now one can search video by username,video name, category and published and unpublished.One can change the order and display sequence of his videos.2.4. Playlist Manager: You can Import Personal Playlists, Import Public Playlists fromYouTube.2.4.1 Import Private PlaylistTo import private playlist, you will be asked to provide the YouTube username and thepassword, then clicking the Save button will take you to next page where you will beasked to select one of the playlists to import the videos from there. All the videos in thisplaylist will be displayed.One can select videos according to his choise or can select allvideos.By clicking save button it will redirect you to the playlist manager.
10. 18.104.22.168 View of the Specific PlaylistThis will show you all the playlists.Now one can see all the videos in a specific playlistby simply clicking on it.One can arrange and reorder his videos there too.By clicking aspecific video one can see it either in player view or list view.these options can be setfrom admin side.
11. 2.4.2 Import Public PlaylistTo import public playlist simply enter the public playlist URL, this should look likewww.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1AEA45282FDF1F00 .You can Edit you Created Playlist, in that you can change the title of Playlist, PlaylistDescription, and change the Category for this Playlist option.
12. 2.4.3 Update Playlist: Here you can update your playlist from youtube playlist.Now all the videos in thatspecific playlist will be updated to your playlist.2.5. Favorite Manager: Here you can import favorites of YouTube for specific users,delete the existing favorites.To import favorites click on Import Favorites button, then you will be asked to provide
13. the username and password for the username, select the category where you want toimport the favorites to and click the Save button, this will add favorites videos of thatspecific user.2.6. Subscriptions Manager: This is the area to add Subscriptions of the existingYouTube’s Channels. To do this simply click on Add Subscription button you will takento next page where you will be asked to provide the username to which you want tosubscribe your account to. And also you have to provide your YouTube username andpassword, this channel will automatically added to your YouTube account as well.All videos will come to front in a view where one can select videos according to his ownchoice.
14. After this you will be redirected to view all subscriptions where you can click on any oneto see details in it.2.7. Share Videos:In this case one can share his/her video and other informations with his/her friends onother social networks like facebook,twitter etc.3. VIEW SELECTION: There are many views included in this component, user can use any of them by simply adding the menu item for it. To add the menu items follow the steps below, and we will guide you how to add the links and what will be the result of those menus. From the Menus select any menu you want to add link to, then click on New button
15. Now click on JTAG YouTube VideoOptions will open after the clicking on JTAG YouTube Video, Category, CustomFeed,Favorites, Video Feed, My Favorites, My Playlist, My Videos, PlayList Entries,Search, Video,Subscription Channel.
16. 3.1 CATEGORIE
17. After selecting the category you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, as you can see in the snapshot youwill be asked to select a category, the result of that category will be displayed under thatlink on client side as following.Here you can also set options like either to view your videos in player view or list viewwith pagination or scrollbar,or either to show description,views,From or rating or not.
18. 3.2 CUSTOM FEED:After selecting the custom feed you need to provide title and other necessiryparameters.Also one need to provide a keyword to save.The result is as follow
19. 3.3 FAVORITES
20. After selecting the favorites you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, the results will come from thefavorites of the component, and result will be displayed as under.My favorites will force you to log in first.3.4 VIDEO FEED
21. After selecting the video feed you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, user will be asked to selectoptions available in the parameters (Basic) to select anyone in the list, this will showdata from youtube’s RSS feeds and result will be displayed as under.3.5 MY FAVORITES
22. After selecting the My Favorites you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, the results will be the videosuploaded by the signed in user if he added any video from his YouTube My Favoritesthen result will be displayed as under. Always make sure that you select Registereduser access to this page.3.6 MY PLAYLIST
23. After selecting the My Playlist you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, the results will be displayed ifsigned in user uploaded any playlist from his YouTube’s Playlist then result will bedisplayed as under.Here user will be able to import other existing playlist in the YouTube account, aswell as user will be able to view, edit, delete and update the existing importedplaylists.This will also prompt you to login first.3.7 MY VIDEOS
24. After selecting the My Videos you need to make title to display and also from theparameters, you can configure the view as you want, the results will be displayed ifsigned in user uploaded any videos from his account . Here you can also set options likeeither to view your videos in player view or list view with pagination or scrollbar,oreither to show description,views,From or rating or not.the result will be displayed asunder.
25. User will be able to upload any video into component simultaneously; the video willbe uploaded to YouTubes account. And user can import video from his YouTubesaccount from here. Existing videos will be displayed under, user can also delete hisalready added videos from here.Login is must here too,one should be logged in.To view upload/import buttons,option can be set from admin side.3.8 PLAYLIST ENTRIES
26. After selecting the PlayList Entries you need to make title to display and also fromthe parameters, you can configure the view as you want, you have to select anyplaylist uploaded by any user from here, also make sure you select the RegisteredAccess Level.The result will look like the following on client side:
27. 3.9 SEARCH
28. After selecting search a page will be displayed with the search field, user will be ableto search anything from YouTube, and the result will be displayed as under, with thefour different ordering options.3.10 SUBSCRIPTION CHANNEL
29. After selecting Subscription Channel, you will be asked to select an already addedsubscription channel from the list. Here you can also set options like either to view yourvideos in player view or list view with pagination or scrollbar,or either to showdescription,views,From or rating or not. The channel you want to display on client sidewill display all the videos within it as under. 3.11 VIDEO
30. After selecting the Video menu option you will be asked to select the video, that video will be displayed within YouTube player, and all other videos within component administration will be displayed with pagination.4. MODULE INSTALLATION & SETTINGS Click on install/uninstall under the Extensions tab from joomla admin panel, you will be asked to put the path of the module in your computer for installation. There are following four modules available with the package. 4.1. JTAG LATEST VIDEO
31. 4.2. JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO 4.3 JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO TOP 10 4.4 JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO SCROLLInstall them one by one, to enable the modules you need to go to Module managerfrom the Extensions tab, find the right modules you just installed,4.1. JTAG LATEST VIDEOClicking on the module will take you to another page, where you can enable module,and as well as you can set the other parameters to set the display as you want.The settings you save from the parameters will change the display on front sideaccordingly.
32. 4.2. JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEOClicking on the module will take you to another page, where you can enable module, andas well as you can set the other parameters to set the display as you want. And also youcan search anything from YouTube and the result will be displayed on your site.4.3. JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO TOP 10Clicking on the module will take you to another page, where you can enable module, andas well as you can set the other parameters to set the display as you want. Then thatmodule will select the Top 10 videos from your component and check the rating fromYouTube and display the result as under.
33. 4.4 JTAG YOUTUBE VIDEO SCROLLClicking on the module will take you to another page, where you can enable module,select option to display the title on frontpage or not. User will not be able to change theview of the scroll.
34. 5. PLUGIN INSTALLATION SETTINGS5.1. JTAG YOUTUBE JCE PLUGINTo install the plugin, make sure you have already installed JCE component, which isfreely available. The JCE is basically a text editor, and our plugin will add thefunctionality of YouTube’s video directly from that editor.
35. If user wanted to make an article where some text and a video needed to display then youwill need JCE editor and our plugin for YouTube’s videos.Download JCE component from http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/ and install thatmake sure you install the component and the editor plugin as well, then go to componentsfrom the main menu, click JCE Administration, when you find the component data go toinstall then browse the Jtag YouTube JCE Plugin folder and click Upload & Installbutton, if you get the message Install Plugin Success, that means now you are ready togo.Make sure JCE editor is your default editor now in Joomla, to do this go to GlobalConfiguration of Joomla from main menu under Site, click on Global Configuration,there you will get the field Default WYSIWYG Editor: Make sure Editor - JCE 22.214.171.124 ornewer is selected.Once it is confirmed you will be able to see JCE editor where ever editor called there youcan easily find the YouTube Icon as under.