1. JoomlaMediaWikiBridge Installation GuideFollow the Installation Steps:1. Download and Install Media Wiki2. Install Component (com_jtagwiki)3. Install Module (mod_jtagwikimenu)4. Install Plugin(mediawikilogin)5. Create external link to menu6. Set The plugin Settings: 6.1. Set Directory Path 6.2. Set Cookie prefix7. Copy AuthJoomla.php8. Rename “index.php”9. Copy Other Files (index.php, joomwiki_engine.php, joomlawiki.css)10. Set variable in joomwiki_engine.php11. Add your settings to LocalSettings.php
2. 1. Download and Install Media WikiDownload latest release of MediaWiki from:http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki,after downloading, upload the folder to your domain try opening website from theoriginal location i-e http://www.example.com/mediawiki, then you will be taken to:Click the provided link, you will be taken to page where you might find theseinstructions, so you should then follow the instructions and make the directory bewriteable to do this, open your ftp either from cpanel or from any ftp client, setpermissions to config directory to 777.
3. When this successfully runs it will take you to the following page in figure where youhave to fill information in the form, making database and user on the server setting thehostname and other settings.
4. When installation finished successfully you will see this message on your screen near atthe bottom of the page.After completing installation don’t forget to move the config/LocalSettings.php to theroot location and then even you can delete the config folder which is no longer needed.2. Install Component (com_jtagwiki)After installing mediawiki, go to joomla administration panel, go to Install/Uninstall tabfrom top menu choose the file from location you have it, then click Upload File & Install
5. 3. Install Module (mod_jtagwikimenu)Afterwards install jtagwikimenu module, from the location you have saved it. Then go tomodule manger to enable the module.
6. 4. Install Plugin(mediawikilogin)After that install the mediawikilogin plugin from the location you have it, then go toplugin manger to enable the plugin.5. Create external link to menuAfter installing the plugin, go to menus from the top menu of joomla administrationpanel, create an external link for your media wiki webpage, provide the URL for themedia wiki you have installed on your server.Click on new button to make link, then click on external link button from that page,thereafter you will be taken to the following page where you be asked to provide the linkyou are going to make for:
7. After setting all required information, click on save button to make changes.6. Set The plugin Settings:To set plugins go to plugin manager from the top menu of the joomla administrationpanel. 6.1. Set Directory PathFirst set the directory path to original location of the directory/ folder on yourserver( important – with slash at end), example “/home/vhost/public_html/mediawiki1/”
8. 6.2. Set Cookie prefixThen after set cookie prefix to: “mw_”7. Copy AuthJoomla.phpPlease try to find the “AuthJoomla/AuthJoomla.php” from your joomlawikibrige folder.And upload that to the “MediaWiki_Directory/extensions/”.8. Rename “index.php”After doing all these please make sure to rename the “index.php” to “inc_index.php” fileon the main directory of the MediaWiki9. Copy Other Files (index.php, joomwiki_engine.php, joomlawiki.css)Please find these files from the installation folder you have provided to: upload all thesefiles to main folder of the MediaWiki.10. Set variable in joomwiki_engine.phpSet the variables in joomwiki_engine.php which is located on main folder of MediaWiki,download the file, and set the “$wgAuthJoomla_domain” on line number “3”, you haveto provide the joomla installation location URL i-e (http://yourdomain.com/joomla/), thenupload the file again to server.
9. 11. Add your settings to LocalSettings.phpDownload the LocalSettings.php from the main folder of the MediaWiki, set thefollowing variables:$wgAuthJoomla_MySQL_Host = localhost;Set your hostname for your joomla location, replace localhost with youryourjoomla_hostname$wgAuthJoomla_MySQL_Username = user_name_db_joomla;Set your mysql username for your joomla; replace user_name_db_joomla with youryourjoomla_db_username$wgAuthJoomla_MySQL_Password = password_joomla_db;Set your mysql password for your joomla; replace password_joomla_db with youryourjoomla_db_password$wgAuthJoomla_MySQL_Database = NameDBJoomla;
10. Set your mysql database name for your joomla; replace NameDBJoomla with youryourjoomla_db_name$wgAuthJoomla_TablePrefix = " jos_";Set your joomla table prefix for your joomla; replace " jos_" with your"yourjoomla_prefix", one blank sing before jos - important!$wgAuthJoomla_Path = /home/vhost/Joomla;Set your joomla path; replace /home/vhost/Joomla with your/home/yourdomain/public_html/joomlaThat’s all, try opening external link from the joomla website.