Are you employable ? To know more attend "Employability skills" Training Program.............
- 441 views
• It requires much more than a Degree to find a place in this competitive and globalized job market. What it takes to be employable, marketable and successful? ...
• It requires much more than a Degree to find a place in this competitive and globalized job market. What it takes to be employable, marketable and successful?
• Today’s need is to understand student’s employability/ Marketability for the student to be successful.
Employability skills are those basic skills necessary for finding employment, and doing well on a job. Employability skills refer to specific skills essential for employment. These are the critical tools and traits required to perform tasks at workplace. These skills are much sought after these days by employers. The needs of employability skills differ from country to country and from sector to sector and from time to time. However, certain qualities, attributes in a person such as:
1. Communication skills, Interpersonal skills
2. Managing Values and Maintaining Integrity. Managing Personality and attitude,
3. Problem solving under complex situations.
4. Goal setting, Planning ,Organizing, Discrimination and Decision making
5. Team building/Management skills
6. Self (Mind) Management skills. Can be taken as a few common skills essential for employability.
Why we need Employability Skills?
All businesses look for employability skills in candidates they want to employ, as these enable employer’s growth and competitiveness. These skills are essential for all employers, in their employees for smooth functioning of all business related activities, cutting across all industries. Besides, Indian youth began realizing that without these employable skills it is difficult to grab jobs from the potential employer exactly as they expect. So, it becomes essential for them to take a step ahead and focus on developing their employability Skills along with their academics (Graduation /Post graduation).
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views