SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
IT professionals who manage permissions struggle with the tools provided natively in Windows, UNIX/Linux, and SharePoint. As the data grows, so do the numbers of folders, directories, and SharePoint ...
IT professionals who manage permissions struggle with the tools provided natively in Windows, UNIX/Linux, and SharePoint. As the data grows, so do the numbers of folders, directories, and SharePoint sites—this means more access control lists (ACLs), more Active Directory groups, more LDAP groups, and more SharePoint groups. Permissions management is becoming a high priority for audit compliance, security, and data governance—this means more permissions reports, more permissions audits, and more entitlement reviews.
Whether you’re working with NTFS Permissions, Share Permissions, SharePoint Permissions, UNIX permissions, or POSIX ACL’s, the challenges in analyzing, testing, and making permissions changes are the same:
* Who has access to a folder?
* Which folders does a user or group have access to?
* How do I find and remediate global access through the everyone group, authenticated users, etc?
* Where do my users have excessive permissions?
Testing & Making Permissions Changes
* How do I revoke permissions without disrupting my users, or test changes before I make them?
* How can I make permissions and group changes more easily?
Automated Business Involvement
* How can I automate Entitlement Reviews?
* How can I automate Access Authorization?
The Varonis Data Governance Suite provides a comprehensive, automated solution for permissions management, addressing the challenges listed above, as well as other Data Governance challenges, such as auditing data access activity, finding data owners, and finding sensitive data.