2. My 1st Competency<br />Flexibility/Adaptability<br />
3. Situation<br /><ul><li> My first job
4. Was placed into the most difficult process in the department.
5. My manager was the most toughest person to work with.
6. I was not the kind of person the process needed
7. My colleagues mocked at me.
8. Naturally it brought fear in me.
9. My performance within the department went dwindling.
10. I was always scared of being fired.</li></li></ul><li>Action Taken<br /><ul><li> I made up my mind to not give up until I get an appreciation from my manager.
11. Because always an appreciation will motivate me to do the next job perfectly.
12. I figured it out that she is expecting more than what she demands for.
13. So I added a brief summary tab in the usual report which I submit her weekly. I thought it will make it easier for her to quality check the report before she sends it to the higher management.</li></li></ul><li>Result<br /><ul><li> She was very impressed of my report and she sent me an appreciation e-mail copying her managers.
14. It changed my attitude towards her and I was able to work effectively.
15. I was able to be one of her best employee.</li></li></ul><li>My 2nd Competency<br />Leadership Skills<br />
16. Situation<br /><ul><li>My school project
17. We were a team of 5 who was assigned a presentation on marketing.
18. 1 person in the team was not giving any input to the group.
19. Others in the team started discussing about firing him out from the team.</li></li></ul><li>Action Taken<br /><ul><li>I was the only person who was not happy with that decision.
20. So I took the lead of getting him back to the team.
21. I spoke to him personally and motivated him.
22. I also initiated a meeting with all the team members at my residence.
23. Arranged refreshments for all of them and we had the time to have fun together.</li></li></ul><li>Result<br /><ul><li>That person happened to be the hero of the team.
24. His presentation was greatly appreciated by everyone in the class.
25. I was able to teach everyone a lesson that a good manger is the one who makes his poor performing employee the best performing employee.</li></li></ul><li>My 3rd Competency<br />Teamwork Skills<br />
26. Situation<br /><ul><li>Our team in office was breaking for Christmas shutdown the next day.
27. We were supposed to send 5 reports before the shutdown.
28. 2 of our colleagues were already on leave.
29. There were 3 new joiners in the other process.</li></li></ul><li>Action Taken<br /><ul><li>We trained in ½ hour the new joiners on the easiest reports.
30. We divided the work.
31. The toughest reports were handled by us. </li></li></ul><li>Result<br /><ul><li>Because of the outstanding teamwork exhibited by us, we were able to complete the reports before the shutdown and non of us had to work during holidays.
32. And an good appreciation form the management.</li></li></ul><li>Thank You<br />