Technological Pedagogical Content KnowledgeEffective teaching with technologyNo single technological solutionNeed to understand which technology supports which pedagogical approach for your disciplineEg: Online learning requires TPCK:How to present information onlineHow to connect subject matter and studentsHow to connect students to students
For more info see: http://bit.ly/TPCK-GDoc
SAMR (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition)Source: http://jennyluca.wikispaces.com/TPACK+and+SAMRAlso see: Ruben Puentedura's (creator of SAMR) blog
2. Share what you … know or find• Go to bit.ly/TPCK-GDoc• Add info, links, slides etc• Review what others have contributed
3. Session Overview• TPACK/TPCK Framework – it is the model for designing learning in the digital age• Other models?• DLDA pedagogies?
4. TPACK/TPCK – is it the model for designinglearning in the digital age?
5. TPCK Framework & its knowledge components Technological CONTEXT Pedagogical Pedagogical Content Content Knowledge Knowledge Content Pedagogical Knowledge Knowledge Technological TechnologicalTechnological Knowledge Content Pedagogical Knowledge KnowledgeSource:Koehler & Mishra (2008), Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Educators
6. Example (Context) Content Pedagogy TechnologyDesigning Learning in the • Global Education • Peer/Collective • Gdocs, Wikis,Digital Age Meta-trends (Tribe/Gang) learning BlackBoard Collaborate, Twitter, Eportfolio Group, EmailSA Dept of Education and • Australian Curriculum • Teaching for Effective • ICT General CapabilityChild Development Learning Framework in the Australian (TfEL) CurriculumFlat Classrooms • Framework for 21st • ISTE’s National • Skype, blogs, wikis,(Lindsay & Davis, 2012) Century Learning Educational video • ISTE’s National Technology Standards Educational for Teachers (NET-T) Technology Standards • Problem/Project- for Students (NET-S) based learning • Global CitizenshipLearning Technology by • Design of online- • Peer/Collective • VariousDesign for In-service Teacher courses, the design of (Tribe/Gang) learningEducation Program educational films, or • Problem/Project-(Koehler, 2011) the re-design of based learning existing web-sites For more info see: http://bit.ly/TPCK-GDoc
7. What wouldTPACK/TPACK look like for your context?
8. Other models?
9. SAMRSource: http://jennyluca.wikispaces.com/TPACK+and+SAMRAlso see: Ruben Puenteduras (creator of SAMR) blog
12. Integrating technology is more about challenging our current beliefs about pedagogy than using the technology Bartolowits (ND) http://edtech2.boisestate.edu/bartolowitsr/portfolio/504-synthesis-final.pdf
13. DLDA pedagogies?
14. Delivery models for designing learning in the digital agePractice (Pedagogy) Possible Support How can you map/track to Technologies ensure content is covered & assessed?Individual Learning PlansAction/Project based learningProblem seeking & solving learning(Design thinking)Work-based/Situated learningService learningPeer/Collective (Tribe/Gang) learningProfessional Learning CommunitiesInformal/Just-in-Time/Social /Self-organised learningScenario-based learningOthers?
15. Next webinar Wed 21 Nov – 8 amDisrupting and transforming education - ideas that challenge the status quo
16. Allison Miller 0400 732 270 email@example.com designinglearning.com.au digitalcapability.com.au Company website and blog: vanguardvisionsconsulting.com.au Register for eUpdates: bit.ly/digitalcapability Follow on: Twitter: twitter.com/digitalcapabili Facebook: facebook.com/digitalcapability LinkedIn: bit.ly/DCLinkedINvanguardvisionsconsulting.com.au