Building collaborative and co-operative professional learning communities
Building a collaborative professional learning
community for DLDA-Sydney
– Common goal – Designing learning in the digital age
– Critical reflective dialogue – workshop, webinars & online
– Shared learning space – eg DLDA-Sydney Group-
– Benefits – individual, group, sector, empowered learners
changed teaching programs,
– Trust – what’s said in the group stays in the group unless it’s
been OK’d to share
Source: Stewart, (ND),"Principal Professional Learning Communities - Where to Next"
Five key requirements for enabling co-
operative professional learning communities
– Enabling collaborative learning
– Positive interdependence
– Individual accountability
– Promotive interaction
– Social skills
– Group processing Source: Johnson & Johnson, (1998)
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.