Emergency Budget Action Planning Meeting Notes <ul><li>Open Space Session 1 </li></ul>
Topic Title:  1. End of Life Care & Long Term Conditions – How can we maximise the potential for the VCS to work in partne...
Notes <ul><li>Neurological Alliance & Palliative Care & Cancer Forum – need to evoke change </li></ul><ul><li>Council run ...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Look At merging Neurological Alliance and Palliative Care and Cancer Forum. </li>...
Topic Title: 2.  How do we find out where we can apply for appropriate grants? Topic Lead/Organisation:  Paul Cooney – GWC...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Funding Toolkit.org & Funding central .org.uk </li></ul><ul><li>Re investigate “r...
Topic Title: 3. How do we get Young People / Service Users/ Clients involved in the process and decision making? Discussio...
Notes <ul><li>Be honest, true facts, not assumptions. But share hear say too. </li></ul><ul><li>Forward planning – sharing...
Notes <ul><li>Challenge of how to take this forward – VAL – leadership & support </li></ul><ul><li>Be more radical – but p...
Notes <ul><li>Recording evidence / outcomes </li></ul><ul><li>Impact on individuals lives </li></ul><ul><li>Discussions at...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Open & Honest dialogue throughout the process – being aware of complex needs of s...
Topic Title: 4 . I’d like to work in partnership to improve support for vulnerable adults. Would you? Topic Lead/Organisat...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Set up a vulnerable persons partnership group which meets quarterly to work out h...
Topic Title:  5. How can VAL best serve the interests of the whole sector to ensure our future? Topic Lead/Organisation:  ...
Actions <ul><li>Actions: </li></ul><ul><li>Information update </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Strategic local picture </li></ul></ul...
Topic Title:  6. How can we improve opportunities for volunteers, recognising that everyone has capacity to choose / chang...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>To support volunteers to empower their lives/ to make right choices / to be able ...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>A “different life style” i.e Gay, have the right to make their own choice. </li><...
Topic Title:  7. How can we make the proposed new community at Ashton Green a good place to live and work? Topic Lead/Orga...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Learn from other examples of new communities in UK and Europe e.g. Stockholm. Use...
Topic 8: How will cuts affect services in rural areas? Topic Lead/Organisation: Diana Cook Discussion Members:
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Communities develop themselves to develop Big Society </li></ul><ul><li>2 Suppo...
Topic 9:  What can we do to promote the best services for our community? Topic Lead/Organisation: Loraine Griffith, Silver...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Need more promotion from sectors to publise that there are luncheon clubs </li>...
Topic 10:  How can we influence public sector funding reviews to be fair, eliminating confusion and vested interests? How ...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Briefing sheet on how decisions are made </li></ul><ul><li>2 Scrutiny Group </l...
Topic 11: Personalisation: What are the opportunities for us to work together? How can we assist our service users to acce...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1. Pressure county Council to make decisions about need for a) Preventative servi...
Topic 12:  Is it the role of small/medium sized VCS organisations to deliver public service contracts? Topic Lead/Organisa...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Consortia development to deliver contracts e.g. Sheffield. Individual orgs reco...
Emergency Budget Action Planning Meeting <ul><li>Open Space Session 2 </li></ul>
Topic 1:  How can we best support young people, teachers, and parents to improve behaviour and mental health in schools? T...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Training teachers in Mental Health </li></ul><ul><li>2 Schools change attitude ...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Skills. Voluntary orgs contact the school...
Topic 2:  What do you consider are the key skills of your organisation and how can you share them? How can we collaborativ...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Skills audit of organisations (and their staff) </li></ul><ul><li>2 Creation of...
Topic 3: Using equality impact assessments to help communities. Topic Lead/Organisation: Chino Cabon Discussion Members: R...
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Disseminate info re EIAs </li></ul><ul><li>Workshops for VCS staff and service ...
Topic 4:  How can we do better evidencing focussing on impact, not inputs? Topic Lead/Organisation: Discussion Members:
Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Training staff and funders </li></ul><ul><li>2 Pilots social report </li></ul><...
Topic 5:  There are too many of us sharing the cake. We need to merge. Topic Lead/Organisation: Mark Grant Discussion Memb...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>1 Speed dating forums, opportunities for links (match making) </li></ul><ul><li>...
Topic Title: 6. Social Services criteria for help has changed. Is there a market for the VCS to charge for their services?...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>Clarity about criteria </li></ul><ul><li>Low & Moderate needs of service users w...
Topic Title: 7. We need to keep trustees on boards – how? Topic Lead/Organisation:  Discussion Members: Bridget Towle Girl...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>Establish a ‘board acadamy’ to recruit, train and encourage young trustees. </li...
Topic Title: 8. We pay rent  &  do our own repairs. Should we spend money / seek funding for major repairs when do not own...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>Simon Jenner will help RSP deal with lease / charity commission (Diocese own bui...
Topic Title: 9. How can we ensure that vulnerable people in supported housing are protect from homelessness or exploitatio...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>Local communities newsletter’s should be produced by local community groups and ...
Topic Title: 10. Is it ethical to use volunteers to replace staff? Topic Lead/Organisation: Howard Discussion Members: Rac...
Actions <ul><li>Action  </li></ul><ul><li>Charter for volunteers (value of volunteering) </li></ul><ul><li>Recognition tha...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Open space topic actions complete

1,503
-1

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
1,503
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Open space topic actions complete

  1. 1. Emergency Budget Action Planning Meeting Notes <ul><li>Open Space Session 1 </li></ul>
  2. 2. Topic Title: 1. End of Life Care & Long Term Conditions – How can we maximise the potential for the VCS to work in partnership in Health & Social Care to benefit patients & Carers? Topic Lead/Organisation: Rachel Boothman – MND Association Discussion Members: Headway PSP LOROS Laura Centre MNDA Andy Robinson Asst CEO Leicestershire County Council
  3. 3. Notes <ul><li>Neurological Alliance & Palliative Care & Cancer Forum – need to evoke change </li></ul><ul><li>Council run Forums: Physical Disabilities Board & the Joint Planning Forum – Will these continue and how? </li></ul><ul><li>Issues </li></ul><ul><li>Unknown statutory structures – who to influence? </li></ul><ul><li>Statutory organisations – to understand what VCS deliver, benefits and cost to replace </li></ul><ul><li>Changes – e.g. GP commissioning – will need VCS help. </li></ul><ul><li>Understand knock on effect to other services </li></ul><ul><li>Rate of change very fast in health and social care. </li></ul><ul><li>Actions </li></ul><ul><li>Hang on to our specialisms </li></ul>
  4. 4. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Look At merging Neurological Alliance and Palliative Care and Cancer Forum. </li></ul><ul><li>VCS Representation to Commissioning Boards </li></ul><ul><li>Revise Terms of Reference of Forums if agreed </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL & Chairs of Forums </li></ul><ul><li>Andy Robinson & Forums </li></ul>
  5. 5. Topic Title: 2. How do we find out where we can apply for appropriate grants? Topic Lead/Organisation: Paul Cooney – GWC Ltd Discussion Members: Gareth Hussey Takeover Radio Ali Simpson The Edge Project John Raven The Edge Project June Gnomes VAL Patricia Pinder Roseberry St Peters Vinod Kotcha Confederation of Indian Organisation Nayan Joshi “ “ Tricia Smith GWC Ltd
  6. 6. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Funding Toolkit.org & Funding central .org.uk </li></ul><ul><li>Re investigate “registered Charity” </li></ul><ul><li>Take advantage of VAL’s offer of funding search </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>All groups </li></ul><ul><li>All Groups </li></ul><ul><li>All Groups </li></ul>
  7. 7. Topic Title: 3. How do we get Young People / Service Users/ Clients involved in the process and decision making? Discussion Members: Sara Davies Lianne Ashberry Rehana Sidat
  8. 8. Notes <ul><li>Be honest, true facts, not assumptions. But share hear say too. </li></ul><ul><li>Forward planning – sharing, informing, stakeholder involvement </li></ul><ul><li>Not personal – how to survive </li></ul><ul><li>Challenge to keep staff motivated when faced with redundancies. </li></ul><ul><li>Keeping your staff & volunteers informed. </li></ul><ul><li>Loss of trust of client group </li></ul><ul><li>Success of sector to engage & involve vulnerable people i.e. young people </li></ul><ul><li>Impact – personal stories </li></ul><ul><li>Organisations / concerns / case study </li></ul><ul><li>Increase awareness of people who do not use services or work in the sector </li></ul><ul><li>Learn the lessons from previous cuts – having dialogue </li></ul><ul><li>Proactive - not reactive </li></ul><ul><li>What will Leicester look like? </li></ul><ul><li>Voice of the service user / client </li></ul><ul><li>Media – TV, website, visual, regional news </li></ul>
  9. 9. Notes <ul><li>Challenge of how to take this forward – VAL – leadership & support </li></ul><ul><li>Be more radical – but positive in more creative ways – not so in the face </li></ul><ul><li>Passing the views of service users to decision makers without ranting & raving </li></ul><ul><li>Education - info – clients empowered / staff / volunteers </li></ul><ul><li>Offering solutions </li></ul><ul><li>Balance – risk of fight or flight fear </li></ul><ul><li>To reduce fear through involving consulting with all and come up with solutions, plans and contingencies </li></ul><ul><li>Review, evaluate, feedback, focus on changes and cuts </li></ul><ul><li>Discussions with key stake holders </li></ul><ul><li>Ask clients to engage – focus groups / questionnaires </li></ul><ul><li>Gain opinions on what if? </li></ul><ul><li>Getting people to understand impact to individual, families, communities and organisations </li></ul><ul><li>How do we gather views – use variety of methods e.g. each time you see client. </li></ul>
  10. 10. Notes <ul><li>Recording evidence / outcomes </li></ul><ul><li>Impact on individuals lives </li></ul><ul><li>Discussions at different levels with clients </li></ul><ul><li>Discussions with staff and volunteers but need to be well support and managed. </li></ul><ul><li>Implications of added work load, pressures with job losses / cuts. </li></ul><ul><li>Staff need to be supported, fear is from the unknown </li></ul>
  11. 11. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Open & Honest dialogue throughout the process – being aware of complex needs of stakeholders and impact of information. </li></ul><ul><li>Communication strategy to raise awareness of impact of cuts on all of us e.g. knock on effect for the wider community & Big Society – “Cuts Watch” & success stories of good user involvement (It’s all of our problem) </li></ul><ul><li>Revise & evaluate the effectiveness of our services. Share this with other VCS organisations to ensure confirmation of services. </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul>
  12. 12. Topic Title: 4 . I’d like to work in partnership to improve support for vulnerable adults. Would you? Topic Lead/Organisation: Rob Parkinson Discussion Members: Viv Michell Adullam Angela Clarke Adullam Sallyann Robinson Care and Repair Rob Parkinson Action Homeless
  13. 13. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Set up a vulnerable persons partnership group which meets quarterly to work out how we’re going to work together to better support our communities </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Rob Parkinson </li></ul>
  14. 14. Topic Title: 5. How can VAL best serve the interests of the whole sector to ensure our future? Topic Lead/Organisation: Jayne Ballard Discussion Members: Ali Sinclair VAL Jim McCallam VAL Christine Jarvis ADHD Solutions Ilir Demaj VAL Jenny Hand LASS Chino Cabon TREK Alison Jolley Clubs for Young People
  15. 15. Actions <ul><li>Actions: </li></ul><ul><li>Information update </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Strategic local picture </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>All areas </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Who’s Who </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>What work is VAL carrying out re Emergency Budget </li></ul></ul><ul><li>How can we contribute? Clear pathways. How can we contribute to local decision making? What are the structures in place? </li></ul><ul><li>Budget / VAL’s activities / accountabilities and coordination </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Timetable of meetings </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Cuts update </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Key outcomes from meetings </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Person (s) Responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL – e Bulletin </li></ul><ul><li>VAL – e Bulletin </li></ul>
  16. 16. Topic Title: 6. How can we improve opportunities for volunteers, recognising that everyone has capacity to choose / change their lifestyle? Topic Lead/Organisation: Lizzie Maitland Discussion Members: Saqib Deshmukh Highfield Community Association Veronica Nall Trade Sexual Health Jasvir Kaur Chohan Guru Nanak Daycare Centre Sangita Jobanputra VAL Rajo Saira VAL Chris Shaw Groundwork
  17. 17. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>To support volunteers to empower their lives/ to make right choices / to be able to support / mentor others. </li></ul><ul><li>To change attitudes within the community. Be adaptable with the CRB Checks. Supervision of those with unclear CRB check. Additional Support & risk assessments. Give training sessions. </li></ul><ul><li>To campaign to stop compulsion – forcing people to do something against their will – ecognise that people with mental health problems & those wit </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Recovery / Trade Sexual Health / Gurua Nanak Day Centre / VAL Mental Health Support Workers / Care Assistants / Staff </li></ul><ul><li>People in ethnic minorities, inter faith communities, CRB Authorities, People with different sexualities. </li></ul><ul><li>Anyone who wants to be involved with spreading the word. Role models of survivors / expert patients </li></ul>
  18. 18. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>A “different life style” i.e Gay, have the right to make their own choice. </li></ul><ul><li>Get their voice listened and acted upon. </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible: </li></ul><ul><li>Collective Effort </li></ul>
  19. 19. Topic Title: 7. How can we make the proposed new community at Ashton Green a good place to live and work? Topic Lead/Organisation: David Brazier Discussion Members: Chris Shaw Groundworks Sarah Crouch Twentytwenty Chantel Lester MRC Community Action David Bielby Sport in Desford Saqib Deshmukh Highfields Community Association
  20. 20. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Learn from other examples of new communities in UK and Europe e.g. Stockholm. Use of VAL resources to set up a new VCS consortium covering Ashton area environs. </li></ul><ul><li>Involve Liz Kendall MP. </li></ul><ul><li>There is a need for VCS broker with Leicester City Council. </li></ul><ul><li>Create local employment opportunites including home working. </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>David Brazier & Chris Shaw </li></ul><ul><li>VCS Economic Development Forum </li></ul>
  21. 21. Topic 8: How will cuts affect services in rural areas? Topic Lead/Organisation: Diana Cook Discussion Members:
  22. 22. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Communities develop themselves to develop Big Society </li></ul><ul><li>2 Support for isolated vulnerable people increase good neighbour schemes, befriending, carer schemes </li></ul><ul><li>3 Transport ensure funding for flexible transport needs of all communities needs in all rural areas </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>RCC/VAL/Faith sector </li></ul><ul><li>RCC /Voluntary Actions / Mental Health charities </li></ul><ul><li>VAL / RCC / Voluntary Actions / County Councils </li></ul>
  23. 23. Topic 9: What can we do to promote the best services for our community? Topic Lead/Organisation: Loraine Griffith, Silver Strand Luncheon Club Discussion Members: Cathryn Parsons, C. Hylton, Pearl Ricketts
  24. 24. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Need more promotion from sectors to publise that there are luncheon clubs </li></ul><ul><li>2 Council to promote local services not just big orgs like Age Concern to hostels etc – centralised info on what is available </li></ul><ul><li>3 Do we need to join together as a group </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Loraine Grifith </li></ul><ul><li>Catherine Parsons </li></ul><ul><li>Julie Irish </li></ul>
  25. 25. Topic 10: How can we influence public sector funding reviews to be fair, eliminating confusion and vested interests? How can we work more effectively with the statutory and business sectors? Topic Lead/Organisation: Dave Alqhurst Discussion Members:
  26. 26. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Briefing sheet on how decisions are made </li></ul><ul><li>2 Scrutiny Group </li></ul><ul><li>3 Social impact measurement </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul><ul><li>Steering group to take forward </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul>
  27. 27. Topic 11: Personalisation: What are the opportunities for us to work together? How can we assist our service users to access direct payments? Topic Lead/Organisation: David Barsby Discussion Members:
  28. 28. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1. Pressure county Council to make decisions about need for a) Preventative services </li></ul><ul><li>b) Provider services as this would enable voluntary sector to plan services. What services are needed in the future? </li></ul><ul><li>2. </li></ul><ul><li>Providers to use VAL database to search to find other third sector providers for possible partnership working </li></ul><ul><li>Providers to cost services in preparation for e-market </li></ul><ul><li>3. Change Compact to ensure third sector providers are given minimum of six months notice of any changes to funding </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul><ul><li>All VCS </li></ul><ul><li>VAL to lobby? </li></ul>
  29. 29. Topic 12: Is it the role of small/medium sized VCS organisations to deliver public service contracts? Topic Lead/Organisation: Joanna Hamilton Discussion Members: Dorothy Fracis, Mark Grant, Priya Thamotheram
  30. 30. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Consortia development to deliver contracts e.g. Sheffield. Individual orgs recognising the positive </li></ul><ul><li>2 Lead partner or set up a stand alone organisation </li></ul><ul><li>3 Opportunity to influence the tender specification – consultation processes </li></ul><ul><li>4 Voluntary Action Leicestershire more focused on campaigning – hits central issues. If we can tell the public authorities how to solve the problem will take that solution </li></ul><ul><li>5 Training and developing organisations to be able to write bids / tender opportunities. Need to develop a strategic approach – is there a need in skilling up the VCS this community </li></ul><ul><li>6 Can we have a continuation of this discussion at a later date – developing partnerships and support for tender applications. </li></ul><ul><li>7 Advertise ‘x orgs is looking for partner orgs to tender for y contract. </li></ul><ul><li>8 Publise commissioning & procurement plans to VCS as early as possible </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Dorothy Fracis </li></ul><ul><li>Mark Grant </li></ul><ul><li>Priya Thamotheram </li></ul><ul><li>Joanna Hamilton </li></ul><ul><li>VAL consortia approach membership </li></ul><ul><li>VAL E-briefing, email group </li></ul>
  31. 31. Emergency Budget Action Planning Meeting <ul><li>Open Space Session 2 </li></ul>
  32. 32. Topic 1: How can we best support young people, teachers, and parents to improve behaviour and mental health in schools? Topic Lead/Organisation:Lizzie J Maitland Discussion Members: Pat Crane Desford Community Action Group Ali Simpson The Edge Project Jenny Langley Hooh Speakeasy Theatre Co. Vince Attwood Soft Touch Arts Ilir Demaj VAL Sarah Crouch Twenty Twenty Tricia Reynolds VAL Christine Jarvis ADHD Solutions Myron Hines Catch 22
  33. 33. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Training teachers in Mental Health </li></ul><ul><li>2 Schools change attitude by recognising that young people need to be pro-active about their Mental health. Awareness of the problem </li></ul><ul><li>3 Voluntary organisations alternative curriculum </li></ul><ul><li>4 Voluntary organisation taking responsibility to give alterative curriculum – creative therapies, advocacy support. Put together a team. Train teacher, parents and young people </li></ul><ul><li>5 Outcome of young people and children enjoying school </li></ul><ul><li>6 Consider deeply the outcomes of our work. This is linked to funding. Must be measured targets. Evaluating and tracking reports and information. The outcome being young people being engaged in classrooms. Teachers catering for young people at risk of exclusion </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Every person who is working with the young person. Outside Agencies and Voluntary groups – interested in creative Arts and Mental Health </li></ul><ul><li>VAL – have a matrix with an audit of local voluntary organisational </li></ul>
  34. 34. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Skills. Voluntary orgs contact the schools themselves. </li></ul><ul><li>People inside schools - Teachers communication – inset / social evolve. </li></ul><ul><li>Extended schools services – cluster sharing information (development group) </li></ul><ul><li>Remand schools, tutorial agencies to help excluded children. </li></ul>
  35. 35. Topic 2: What do you consider are the key skills of your organisation and how can you share them? How can we collaborative in practice on delivery – eg a matrix of offers and wants? How can we create a mechanism to promote and develop consortia involving orgs with shared interests? Topic Lead/Organisation: Diana Cooke Discussion Members: Leanne Wightman Just Services / Self Advocacy in Action Chris Shaw Groundwork Terry Kirby VAL (Board) Vikki Barrett VAL Alison Sinclair VAL Sally Ann Robinson Care and Repair Liane Ashberry YPF Cathryn Parsons St Peters Community Centre Mo Fowler PSP Association Diana Cool RCC Kathy McKinley VAM Dorothy Franis CASE
  36. 36. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Skills audit of organisations (and their staff) </li></ul><ul><li>2 Creation of organisation profile </li></ul><ul><li>3 Creation of an on line interrogatable web portal </li></ul><ul><li>4 Facilitation of better information sharing / collaboration / partnership arrangement </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Working group linked to Assembly </li></ul><ul><li>A VAL managed service </li></ul><ul><li>A social enterprise </li></ul><ul><li>OUTCOMES </li></ul><ul><li>Skills development / training </li></ul><ul><li>Joint bidding </li></ul><ul><li>Measure Countrywide impact of VCS </li></ul>
  37. 37. Topic 3: Using equality impact assessments to help communities. Topic Lead/Organisation: Chino Cabon Discussion Members: Rehana Sedat Carol Varley Liane Ashbury Alison Jolley June Gomes ? Red Cross ? Ansaar
  38. 38. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Disseminate info re EIAs </li></ul><ul><li>Workshops for VCS staff and service users </li></ul><ul><li>Training </li></ul><ul><li>2 Obtaining relevant EIAs from Pubic Sector Orgs, hence encouragement public sector to carry them out </li></ul><ul><li>3 Establish EIA jury to challenge poor EIAs and support internal assessments </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>EDP </li></ul><ul><li>Comm of interest hosts </li></ul><ul><li>The REC and VAL </li></ul>
  39. 39. Topic 4: How can we do better evidencing focussing on impact, not inputs? Topic Lead/Organisation: Discussion Members:
  40. 40. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Training staff and funders </li></ul><ul><li>2 Pilots social report </li></ul><ul><li>3 Peer reviews </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL? </li></ul><ul><li>Get funding for a group </li></ul><ul><li>Sector </li></ul>
  41. 41. Topic 5: There are too many of us sharing the cake. We need to merge. Topic Lead/Organisation: Mark Grant Discussion Members:
  42. 42. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>1 Speed dating forums, opportunities for links (match making) </li></ul><ul><li>2 Advertise opportunities - confidential service, supported by VCS, intense support, e-commissioning network (needs to be built) </li></ul><ul><li>3 Another meeting to discuss this further </li></ul><ul><li>4 Lobby for £2 council tax </li></ul><ul><li>5 All providers start dating </li></ul><ul><li>6 Ask commissioners to be transparent about upcoming tenders </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL – Policy & Engagement, Grp Support, Comms </li></ul><ul><li>VAL – Grp support & Comms </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul><ul><li>All providers </li></ul>
  43. 43. Topic Title: 6. Social Services criteria for help has changed. Is there a market for the VCS to charge for their services? And will people pay? Topic Lead/Organisation: Maureen O Mally Discussion Members:
  44. 44. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Clarity about criteria </li></ul><ul><li>Low & Moderate needs of service users would be under preventative agenda. </li></ul><ul><li>Mosaic could provide a workshop for other organisations </li></ul><ul><li>Training on marketing </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL with LCC </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul><ul><li>Mosaic </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul>
  45. 45. Topic Title: 7. We need to keep trustees on boards – how? Topic Lead/Organisation: Discussion Members: Bridget Towle Girlguiding Leicestershire Bev The Mighty Creative's Paul Cooney George Ward Centre LTD Kay Hewitt Homestart BDOW
  46. 46. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Establish a ‘board acadamy’ to recruit, train and encourage young trustees. </li></ul><ul><li>Training and support for boards taking new, young members </li></ul><ul><li>Briefing paper on the ‘bigger picture’ of cuts / changes for trustees </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Bev - The Mighty Creative’s 0116 261834 </li></ul><ul><li>VAL </li></ul><ul><li>VAL? </li></ul>
  47. 47. Topic Title: 8. We pay rent & do our own repairs. Should we spend money / seek funding for major repairs when do not own the building? Topic Lead/Organisation: Patricia Pinder Discussion Members: Pearl Ricketts Silver Strand Luncheon Club Coneta Hylton Silver Strand Luncheon Club Heather Crate STEPS – Leics Conductive Education Centre Patricia Pinder Rosebery St Peter’s Community Centre LTD Simon Jenner VAL
  48. 48. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Simon Jenner will help RSP deal with lease / charity commission (Diocese own building) </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Patricia Pinder, RSP </li></ul>
  49. 49. Topic Title: 9. How can we ensure that vulnerable people in supported housing are protect from homelessness or exploitation should funding stop? Topic Lead/Organisation: Discussion Members: Julie Irish Norton House David Keysell Foundation Housing Association Gabby Briner Network for Change Olivia Pitt Catch 22 Lorraine Luncheon Clubs
  50. 50. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Local communities newsletter’s should be produced by local community groups and then distributed in GP’s surgeries, community centre’s etc in locality. So that the people who are vulnerable and in need know about the acitivties that these small community groups provide. </li></ul><ul><li>Sharing of facilities, resources , activities, training by getting local groups together within their communities and local areas. We need directories set up of what groups and resources are in the community. </li></ul><ul><li>Lobby councillors to try to get more support and make them aware of the issues on the ground e.g. convene regular meetings with councillors. </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>Lorraine Griffith – Sliver Strand Luncheon Club </li></ul><ul><li>Julie Irish – Norton House </li></ul><ul><li>Can VAL do anything </li></ul>
  51. 51. Topic Title: 10. Is it ethical to use volunteers to replace staff? Topic Lead/Organisation: Howard Discussion Members: Rachel Boothamn Howard Jim VAL Aimee VAL Matt Lilley Rachel Tricia Smith George Ward Project
  52. 52. Actions <ul><li>Action </li></ul><ul><li>Charter for volunteers (value of volunteering) </li></ul><ul><li>Recognition that sometimes things are done better by Vols </li></ul><ul><li>Recognition that transfer of work to Vols requires resourcing </li></ul><ul><li>Person(s) responsible </li></ul><ul><li>VAL / Hubs / LCC / LCC </li></ul><ul><li>VAL to lead </li></ul><ul><li>VAL to Lead </li></ul>
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×