DIGITAL HEALTH FUNDING
Over the past two years, there has been
overall YoY funding growth of over
23% and deal growth of over
Source: PwC Money Tree & Rock Health
For first half of 2013 digital health
funding growth is over 12%
leading traditional healthcare but
Bio Tech All Sectors
2013 vs. 2012
DISRUPTORS DIGITAL HEALTH
Drivers & Disruptors
It costs nearly $250 BILLION to process
30 BILLION healthcare transactions each year
86% of mistakes made in the healthcare industry are administrative
Organizations, on average, make 19 COPIES of each
document, spend $20 in labor to file each document and lose one of every 20
SECURE INTERNET-BASED DIRECT COMMUNICATION
• SIMPLE. Connects healthcare stakeholders through universal addressing using simple push of information.
• SECURE. Users can easily verify messages are complete and not tampered with in travel.
• SCALABLE. Enables Internet scale with no need for central network authority or multiple implementations.
• STANDARDS-BASED. Built on common Internet standards for secure e-mail communication.
Direct Project specifies a
simple, secure, scalable, standards-based
way for participants to send encrypted
health information directly to
known, trusted recipients over the Internet.
• Create a patient-friendly, easy to read and
understand Explanation of Benefit
– Develop supporting information visualizations
to understand coverage and financial amounts
– Visual guide to managing financial health data
and monitor expenditures.
Potential Use Cases
• Design for any of the following use cases:
– Switching plans / jobs
– Incorrect codes
– Unnecessary procedures or invalid diagnoses
– Billing inconsistencies
– Coinsurance calculations
– Identity theft
– Tax preparation
How to win
• Deliverables – http://bit.ly/SFcodo
• Judging: (Out of 100 + 25 bonus)
– Completeness (25)
– Design for Delight (25)
– Ease of use (25)
– Use Case Driven (25)
– Bonus (25)
• Track Winner
– 1st 2 K
– 2nd 1.5 K
– 3rd 1 K
• Overall Winner
– + 1K, main stage presentation at Health 2.0 Fall
Conference and more..
WELCOME TO HEALTH 2.0 CODE-A-THON!
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, OPTUM
AUTHOR, O’REILLY MEDIA
TWITTER – @vaibhavb
E-MAIL – email@example.com
BLOG – http://healthblog.vitraag.com
ME – http://about.me/vaibhavb