2. Facts Of Malaysia• Capital : Kuala Lumpur• Area : 329847 Sq.kms.• States : 13• Language : Malay• Population : 22.8 Million• Density : 82 per sq.kms.• GDP : $ 318.8 Billion• Currency : Ringgit
3. • Hotels• Cuisines• Transportation• Places to Visit• Entertainment
18. SUNWAY LAGOON THEME PARK MINES WONDERLAND THEME PARK
19. SHOPPING FESTIVALSUNGEIWANG PLAZA
20. Meet the people… Enjoy the beauty of scenery…Feel the hospitality…
21. Official Name:Persekutuan Malaysiashort form: Malaysiaintl long form: Federation ofMalaysia
22. ISO Country Code: myLocal Time = UTC +8hCountry Calling Code: +60
23. Capital City:Kuala Lumpur (pop. 6.9 million inmetropolitan area)Seat of Government: PutrajayaOther Cities:Penang, Ipoh, Malacca, Johor Baru,Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Alor Setar,Shah Alam.
24. Government:Type: Federal parliamentary democracywith a constitutional monarch.Independence: 31. August 1957. (Malaya,which is now peninsular Malaysia, becameindependent in 1957. In 1963 Malaya,Sabah, Sarawak, and Singapore formedMalaysia. Singapore became anindependent country in 1965.).Constitution: 31 August 1957, amended16 September 1963.
25. Geography:Location: Southeastern Asia, partly onMalay Peninsula south of Thailand and onthe northern one-third of the island ofBorneo, bordering Indonesia, Brunei, andthe South China Sea, south of Vietnam.Area: 330 000 sq. km. (127 316 sq. mi.)Terrain: Coastal plains and interior, jungle-covered mountains. The South China Seaseparates peninsular Malaysia from EastMalaysia on Borneo.
27. Industries:Peninsular Malaysia - rubber and oilpalm processing and manufacturing,light manufacturing industry,electronics, tin mining and smelting,logging and processing timber.Sabah - logging, petroleum production.Sarawak - agriculture processing,petroleum production and refining,logging.
28. Climate: Tropical, annual southwest (Apr toOct) and northeast (Oct to Feb) monsoons.Natural resources: Tin, petroleum, timber,copper, iron ore, natural gas, bauxite.Agriculture products: Peninsular Malaysia- rubber, palm oil, cocoa, rice; Sabah -subsistence crops, rubber, timber,coconuts, rice; Sarawak - rubber, pepper;timber.