3. How to Judge Validity of Anything? Validity it Measure What it is supposed to Measure or canbe used for the purposes for which it is intended. It meansany given test may be for some purpose.
4. Construct Validity It seeks agreement between a theoretical concept and a specific measuring device or procedure. It implies using the construct correctly( concept, ideas, Notions) Content Validity Criterion ValidityThis validity refers the connection Criterion related validity usuallybetween the test items and the includes any validity strategies thatsubject related tasks. The extent to focus on the correlation of the testwhich the content of a test can be being validated with some wellsaid to be sufficiently representative respected outside measure of theand comprehensive of the purpose same objectives or specifications.for which it has been design.
5. Criterion Validity Predictive validity Concurrent validity This validity is estimates the relation ofIt determined by correlating the result on test scores to an examinee’s futurethe test with another externally performance as a master or non master.recognized measure. Care needs to be For this type of validity the correlation thattaken that the two measures are is computed is based on the test result andmeasuring similar skills and using similar the examinees later performance and itstest method. especially useful for test purposes such as selection or admission.
7. Reliability Stability Reliability. Equivalency Reliability Call test -Retest This reliability is the extent to A Measuring device is stable it is which two items measure gives the same result when used identical concepts at an twice on the same object results identical level of difficulty. it are compared and correlated withrelated to the co- occurrence of the initial test to give a measure of two items. stability.
8. Reliability Internal consistencyIt is measuring instruments used in study. This type of reliability often help researcher Interpret data and predict the value of scoresvariables of the relationship among variables.
9. Thank You… Submitted To, Dr Dilip Barad Dept. of .EnglishM.K. Bhavnagar University Bhavnagar.