HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
• During the mid 1990’s, corporates across the
world were facing a peculiar phase. As
employee turn over rate is increased
employee retention became one of the key
issues for companies especially IT sector and
HR officials across the world.
• While at the same time world’s most popular
search engine Google, founded in 1998,
maintained an extremely well employee
retention record- only 5 employees left the
company after that.
• HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING is the strategy
for the acquisition, utilization , improvement
and preservation of human resource.
1) Each Organization needs personnel with necessary
qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience & aptitude .
2) Need for Replacement of Personnel - Replacing
old, retired or disabled personnel.
3) Meet manpower shortages due to labour turnover -
Indian Airlines, Gas Authority of India headless for
4) Meet needs of expansion programmes - As a result
of expansion of IT companies the demand for IT
professionals are increasing
• The vision of „PerFact Service Academy‟ is to
be “A significant player in training and
supplying high quality sales and service talent
to the UAE retail sector and be the brand of
choice for developing world-class local talent”.
HR practices of PerFact Service
• Manpower Planning
• Increasing the investment in training & development
• To make Performance evaluation system for all the
employees in the academy
• Having a succession planning program in place
• Thus the overall HR strategy was to integrate these
strategies effectively with the
• business strategy to achieve its corporate objectives
such as, Trainee Quality, growth and Customer delight
• As per the case, for the demand estimation &
rest of HRP, they are considering the increase
of training capacity from 480 trainees a year
to 1200 trainees a year.
• PerFact Service Academy believes that right
persons at right roles are the key to the
delivering quality training to the delegates and
ensuring consistency in Customer Satisfaction.
• And in order to achieve the overall objective
capacity target of 1200 trainees at the end of the
year, the recruitment & selection plan needs to
align to the overall strategic plan to achieve
optimum competitive advantage & cost
• strategies for recruitment & selection have been focused
mainly on the quality & the salary structure:
• a) Quality: In order to achieve market leadership it is imperative to look at the
quality of the human resources carefully especially the new recruits.
• Screening of any new recruits with the minimum required qualification.
• To enhance the qualification criteria & competency level of the new recruits at the
operations and marketing departments.
• b) Salary Structure: the salary structure of a management staff category would be
AED 15,000 per month, the salary for operations staff would be AED12,000 per
month and the salary for marketing staff would be at AED 9000 per month.
• At the PerFact Service Academy, the new
employees who are hired will attend induction
training programs to socialize and familiarize
themselves with the organization, their
department and also the people in the
• The organization believes that during the
induction period, the new entrants into the
organization shape their attitudes towards work,
towards the organization, towards various
functions, towards himself and his competencies.
• This year’s performance management system
at PerFact Service Academy will reflect the
core performance areas detailed in the
vision, mission and strategic objectives
articulated in the corporate plan.
Career & Development Plan
• Career Develop consists of organized
structure and sequence of patterns in an
individual’s work life. Career progress begins
at the lowest rank and moves upward to the
higher ranks taking into consideration the
chain of command.
• Succession planning is a process for
identifying and developing internal people
with the potential to fill key leadership
positions in the company.
• Succession planning increases the availability
of experienced and capable employees that
are prepared to assume these roles as they