1. Photo by cobalt123 http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/cobalt/5315485485/sizes/o/in/photostream/The UX Umbrella Dan Willis @uxcrank email@example.com
2. User experience is NOT a religion
3. User experience is NOT altruistic
4. User experience is NOT magic
5. UX is what it does and what it does is solve problems.
6. How UX solves problems
7. Visual Design• Satisfying the specific goals of well- defined users• Structuring visual elements• Aligning tone with overall strategy
8. Information Architecture• Satisfying the specific goals of well- defined users• Analyzing user tasks• Aligning information structure with overall strategy
9. Interaction Design• Satisfying the specific goals of well-defined users• Optimizing the interplay between humans and interfaces• Analyzing user tasks
10. Usability• Investigating how humans use the things we build
11. User Research• Investigating how and why humans do what they do
12. Content Strategy• Satisfying the specific goals of well- defined users• Collecting, creating and curating content• Aligning content with overall strategy
13. UX is what it does and what it does is solve problems.
14. How you can use UX to solve problems• Who are your most important users?• What goals or needs are most important to your most important users?• Of those goals or needs, which ones can you REALISTICALLY address with the work you’re doing?
15. More• Dan Willis• @uxcrank• http://www.dswillis.com• http://www.uxcrank.com