2. content: basement of idea
• hypothetical forecast of Alan Weisman
“the world without us“
• future without humanity
3. content: connection to our project
• U-Turm building was over 15 years
unused and occupied by degeneration
• they/we will bring life back into the
4. content: imagine…
• If there is nobody who can do this?
• If we destroy the foundation of our
existence and don’t longer exist?
• what happens?
• The projection shows a view into the near
future of the building.
– Overgrown by plants
– destructed by weathering
– occupied as a new habitat by animals
(e. g. monkeys, birds and vermin)
• short video sequences show how we’ve
handled with nature and world for the last
100 years, the result is our look into the
6. content: prevention
• To prevent this forecast viewer can fight
• keyword: INTERACTION!!!
dance against destruction
7. Interaction options
1 Wipe out
2 Mobile Pacman on the building
3 Speed it up
4 Cut the branches, place new bricks
8. Wipe out
By walking past a wall of sensors you
can whipe the plants from the top and in
another fase chase the animals from our
9. Fight the process
With bluetooth or WIFI on mobile Phone
Control a character to go up, down, left or right.
(just like snake and pacman).
The character erase or ‘eate’ the animated content.
Fight the growth of content. Keep the building
10. Speed it up
You can see the building go to waste. First the vegitation, then the bricks will fall out,
animals are running around.
When the building is completely gone you can see the building being build up from the ground.
Controlls: 1 person stands in front of webcam. Can see himself in flashapplication. In
the application are the controls of a videorecorder. Play, pause FF, dubble ff.
All the people on the square: controls are projected on steam screens. (as shown bij
Beamsystems) The control with the most noise nearby is active. (pause, play, fastforward,
11. Cut the branches
• Protect the building against the plants. Cut
the branches by cutting with a pair of fake
scissors. With some sensors in them.