Objectives Of Session
• This session is intended to help participants;
– Apply the principles of Adult Learning in the
conduct of their training sessions.
– Identify the four styles of learning and their
effects on training delivery.
– Design and facilitate training to achieve learning
Why Adults Learn
• Social relationships.
• External expectations.
• Social welfare.
• Cognitive interest.
Characteristics Of Adult Learners
• Adults are autonomous and self-directed.
• Adults have accumulated a foundation of life
experiences and knowledge.
• Adults are goal-oriented.
• Adults are relevancy-oriented.
• Adults are practical.
• Adults need to be shown respect.
– Notes; Drawing; Colored
– Reduce outside interference;
Go into quieter room.
– Stand up; pace; use your
body; draw pictures in the air.
INSTRUCTION Video Clips;
ASSESSMENT Maps; Drawings
and verbal test.
Assignments Creation of
Assessment Audio Tests. Outcome
Assignments Model Building. Problem Sets;
Instruction Video Clips;
Assignments Mind Mapping;
Assessment Maps; Drawings
• Learners come to Training with precisely defined
• But, there are barriers to their learning.
• The best motivators for adult learners are:
– INTEREST and
– SELFISH BENEFIT.
• If the course benefits them, they will perform
better, and the benefits will be longer lasting.