I'm running an introductory session on 3D printing this Wednesday at /usr/lib if anyone's interested in coming to check it out.
I'll be covering:
- What you can make
- What materials you can use
- Basic cost expectations of using online services such as Shapeways, Ponoko
- What software is available to use
- A quick demo on how easy it is to start making basic geometry in Blender.
- A lengthy Q&A at the end can be opened up, I can hang around for quite a while afterwards
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.