1. Lay the Foundation
Build a Community
2. Choose Your Tech Tools
Create an Event App
Develop a Social Presence
Incorporate Digital Technology
3. Turn Tools Into a Toolbox
Integrate Tools for a Seamless Experience
3. Engage attendees so they walk away feeling event
was valuable, enjoyable and memorable
Build attendee engagement before, during and
after event. Study feedback from prior events and
information from current attendee registrations to
determine the best ways to communicate with
• personalized event experiences
• more relevant content
• communication with attendees “where they
• ability to facilitate networking opportunities
Lay the Foundation
Build your community before, during and after the event
Steps to Engage Your Attendees
Create an Event Webpage
• registration, speakers, schedule, location, social links
Develop an Event App
• anywhere, anytime access to event information
• maps, venue information, social communication, interactivity
Establish an Event Hashtag
• real-time conversation and sharing, drive event discussions, track
and analyze conversation trends
Create a Social Presence
• Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Integrate Virtual Technology
• virtual event environments, social community, networking and
Converge Your Resources for the Most Awesome Experiences
• converge registration, website,
and virtual extensions into
a single solution.
5. Choose Your Tech Tools
Meetings and Event App
An app designed specifically for your event enables attendees to connect
and communicate, network, receive immediate announcements, build
their own event schedules, and more.
• Attendee lists
• Speaker and exhibitor profiles
• Schedules and session information
• Interactive maps
• Contact sharing and messaging
• Social communication
• Flight and hotel information
• Venue and local city information
• Gaming, contests, polling
Wait! There’s more…
• Insight from your event through app analytics
• Branding opportunities with custom apps
• Ability to extend the life of your event
• Reduced time and money printing event material
• Attendee engagement through interactivity
• Provide attendees with immediate updates
Want to be awesome too?
Click here to learn more!
6. Choose Your Tech Tools
Use social media to promote your event, network, post
updates, elicit feedback before, during and after your event.
The most popular platforms are Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
and YouTube; however, you may want to consider photo
sharing sites like Instagram or presentation sites like
SlideShare as well.
Create a customized event page or to post tweets about an
event on your existing page. You can create a hashtag to
create a conversation about the event,
encourage attendees and sponsors to
tweet live during events and post
information about the event
after it’s over.
You can post events on your
company LinkedIn page, set up a
separate group, start a discussion
about the event and post updates
Facebook has some unique features to help promote meetings and events.
The Milestones tab allows page owners to list events when they occurred in
the past—for example, dates of past meetings and events. The Tagging
feature allows certain posts to be featured, a great way to promote a current
event. You can also customize your page, post
contests and polls as well as updated
information. Facebook’s event feature
allows you to post the time, location
and description of an event
with an RSVP reply function.
Choose Your Tech Tools
YouTube’s publishing platform
includes features such as
channels, comments, ratings and
recommendations as well as
integration with other social
networks. You can post content
for your event as well as videos
from past events
8. Choose Your Tools
Digital Technology’s benefits of economic value, global reach, reduced
environmental impact and more dispersed workplaces, have driven the
development of new tools for hybrid and exclusively virtual events.
Today’s platforms offer virtual elements that allow participants to move
around from room to room or across a trade show floor in a realistic 2D
or 3D environment.
Attendees can interact with presenters or other attendees, view
presentations, network and chat with peers,
download documents and more.
With social sharing features,
attendees and organizers can
share information in real-time.
Click here to see this awesome technology.
9. Choose Your Tools
Optimize event registration with a customized tool with features that
enhance the attendee experience make your job easier. An effective
registration tool allow you to:
• Link to your event site from your organization's website
• Collect critical registrant data
• Enable attendees sign up for different sessions
• Brand the site for your event
• Add custom data fields and feedback functionality
• Access real-time reporting
• Email or Text Features
Custom Event Registration Tools
Learn more about awesome custom event registration tools!
10. Combining all of these tools enables you to offer
value-added products and services that helps your
event stakeholders have an awesome experience.
Create Your Toolbox
and virtual event
link to virtual site
11. Request a custom demo
of the USMotivation’s
Meeting and Event Solutions.
Find out more about
making your next
meeting and event