2. I N T H E N A M E O F A L L A H , T H E M O S T G R A C I O U S , T H E M O S T P R E C I O U S
3. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT 5GOLF TOURNAMENT 201223-24 NovemberCorporate League QatarThe formation of Corporate League Qatar (CLQ) is a result of Qatar Strategic Visionof 2016 which lays emphasis on the development of Sports Culture among theresidents. Pursuing that, Network Advertising and Events collaborated with QatarOlympic Committee to activate the Corporate League Qatar to foster sports culturein the organizations.Golf TournamentNetwork Advertising and Events in association with Qatar Golf Association andQatar Olympic Committee organized the 1st edition of Corporate Golf Tournamentunder the umbrella of Corporate League Qatar. The tournament was played on23 and 24 of November, 2012 and over 200 golfers participated. The tournamentsupported the team and individual format; all players represented their respectivebusiness brands.Network Qatar through Corporate League Qatar allows for maximum participationof the business world in an unprecedented sporting competition thus developing astronger relationship with every member of Qatar’s business community.
4. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT6Network Advertising and EventsNetwork Advertising and Events is a full-serviceMedia & Events company with expertise in EventsManagement & Production, Brand Activation &Customer Engagement, Sponsorship Management,Digital & Social Media, Creative and Designs.Network squad of storytellers, visionaries, anddesigners brings in skills from event management,marketing and promotions, brand experience andcreative fields to offer a unique mix of services tomaximize ROI.LAUNCH PRESS CONFERENCEThe tournament was announced at a press conference held at the Doha Golf Club on14 May, 2012. The press conference was attended by Mr. Faisal Al Naimi, ExecutiveDirector Qatar Golf Association, Mr. Fahad Al Naimi, General Secretary Qatar GolfAssociation, Mr. Shabrawi Khater, Managing Director Network Advertising andEvents and Vice President of Oryx advertising. The tournament was covered by AlKass TV and other local newspapers.Mr. Fahad Naseer Al NaimiGeneral Secretary - Qatar Golf AsociationMr. ZULFIKAR JIFFRYSenior Manager - Marketing, Oryx AdvertisingMr. SHABRAWI KHATERManaging Director - Network QatarMr. HASSEN AL ASMAKHManaging Director - PrimeMr. MEHMED CAYMAZCountrManager - Turkish AirlinesMr. MOHAMMEDFAISAL AL NAIMIExecutive Director - Qatar Golf AssociationMr. STEFAN LINDBERGHead Guy - Ginger Camel
5. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT 7TOURNAMENT FORMATThe inaugural Corporate League Qatar Golf Tournament supported Teams andIndividuals; all players representing their respective business brands. Stablefordscoring system was used for the tournament for both individual and team category.Participation Criteria• Open to Male and Female golfers; individual and team• All teams entered under their company name• Only Golfers with handicap index of (Male:28; Female:36)participated• The participants were evaluated by Qatar Golf Federationand upon sanction will be selected• Golfers from numerous corporates• Golfers enrolled and sponsored by the corporates torepresent themPARTICIPATING TEAMSMultiple teams and individuals participated from companies such as Maersk Oil,Qatar Rail, QDVC, Hitachi, DESCON Engineering, Redco Construction Al Mana, BluuGulf, Ras Gas, Qatar Gas, Quantum Qatar, Qatar Shell, Qatar Vinyl Company to namea few.SPONSORSNumerous sponsors signed up for the 1st edition of Corporate League Qatar GolfTournament. Turkish Airlines was the official airline whereas Jezequel was theawards sponsor. Ginger Camel enrolled in as Event Coverage Partner and OryxAdvertising as Media Partners. Prime supported by offering Gift to the participants.Doha Golf Club was the venue partners.
6. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT8PLAYERS
7. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT 9
8. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT10THE GAMEPLAYDay 1 & Day 2The tournament was played over a 2 day period on 23 and 24 November and atotal of 176 players participated in 2 shot guns. Teams from Maersk Oil, QatarRail, QDVC, Hitachi, DESCON Engineering, Redco Construction Al Mana, and BluuGulf competed on the greens of Doha Golf Club. Each Participants played 18 holeround on Doha Golf Club championship courseonly and the scoring was done asper Stableford system.The tournament had following categories:Individual Category •Men’s Division •Category 1: Handicap 0-9 •Category 2: Handicap 10-18 •Category 3: Handicap 19-28 •Women’s Division •Category 1: Handicap 0-36Team Category •Each Team had 4 players
9. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT 11AWARDS NIGHTSThe awards ceremony took place on Saturday eve at Doha Golf Club Village. Theceremony begun with organizers and sponsors sharing words with the audienceand all the winners were awarded with the prizes. Business Class and Economy Classtickets from Turkish Airlines and Shopping Vouchers from Jezequel were handed tothe winners.
10. CLQ - POST EVENT REPORT12RESULTSDay 1LONGEST DRIVE: HOLE #6 (Men & Ladies)LONGEST DRIVE: HOLE #9 (Men & Ladies)THE PIN: HOLE #13 (Men & Ladies)- Karl BISHOP- Patrick DRUYER- Mohd BYBERGDay 2LONGEST DRIVE: HOLE #6 (Men & Ladies)LONGEST DRIVE: HOLE #9 (Men & Ladies)THE PIN: HOLE #13 (Men & Ladies)- William HADLOW- Dave ELLESLEY- Mohd AL KAABI1st Corporate League Qatar Golf Tournament 201224thof November 2012CAT 1: Handicap 0 to 9CAT 2: Handicap 10 to 181st2nd3rdLinus BYBERGZul IHSANDenzil Austin LITTLE43Pts Countback43Pts42PtsCAT 3: Handicap 19 to 281st2nd3rdTassaduq BANDEYIan DUNNMuhammad TAUFIQ42Pts41Pts Countback41PtsLADIES DIVISION1st2nd3rdTasnem KAZIKimberly STIEGLERUzma MIR37Pts36Pts35Pts1st2nd3rdEyhab BURKIFaisal MIRDonovan LIDDICOAT44Pts39Pts38Pts CountbackRESULT:SPECIAL PRIZES1st Corporate League Qatar Golf Tournament 201224thof November 2012Team Category1st Faisal MIRAbdul Aziz AL BOAINENTami AL HAJRISami QUSH144Pts (Descon Engineering)2nd Thiabaut PENIGUETSimon GABELLECJean Dominic LUCASStephen SHEPPARD109Pts (QDVC QSC - 1))3rd Faisal Rashid AL NAIMIOmair AL NAIMIMohammed Faisal AL NAIMIMohammed Nasserl AL KAABI103Pts Countback (Redco Const. Al Mana)RESULT: