1. Group 1
Usman Abdul Sattar
2. Presentation at a glance
• Importance of becoming
effective, effectiveness can be learnt.
• Habits shape us, so, adopt
• Build trust in relationship.
• Learn habits of Private/public victory
• The 'Inside-Out' approach to personal and
interpersonal effectiveness means to start first
with self; even more fundamentally, to start with
the most inside part of self. With your
paradigms, your character, and your motives.
4. The key for success for living
5. How do we decide between
character and personality ethics
6. The Power of a Paradigm
• A paradigm is :
– A frame of reference, a model
– A perception, assumption
– A mental map
7. Being Is Seeing
Be See Think Feel Behave
• We cannot change our seeing without
changing our being
8. The Maturity continuum
9. Habit 1:
10. • “You are Respons-able: able to choose
• Your Respons!”
11. The Habit of Personal Vision
• The Four Human Endowments:
12. I know of no more encouraging fact than the
unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life
by conscious endeavor.
Henry David Thoreau
13. Proactive Behavior
14. Reactive Behavior
15. Where do you fall?
How could you be
16. Take the initiative
The responsibility to make things happen.
17. Take the initiative
• Act or be acted upon
• The difference between the people who take
initiative and who don’t is like the difference
Day and Night….
18. Listening to our language
19. Circle of Concern
Circle of influence
20. The “have’s” and The “Be's”
• The circle of concern is filled with the Have’s.
“If I had my degree...”
“If I could just have more time to my self…”
• The circle of influence is filled with the Be’s.
I can be more wise.
I can be more friendly.
22. Consequences and mistakes
While shifting our life focus to circle of concern
we need to consider two things.
23. Making and keeping commitments
• Our ability to make and keep commitments
• The commitments we make to ourselves and
set a goal and work to achieve it
25. Sow a thought, reap an action
Sow an action, reap a habit
Sow a habit, reap a character
Sow a character, reap a destiny
26. “ If you're proactive, you don't have to
wait for circumstances or other people
to create perspective expanding
experiences. You can consciously
create your own”
Covey, Stephen R.