• Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946. -> Lincoln failed to win the Vice Presidential nomination in 1856. Kennedy failed to win the Vice Presidential nomination in 1956. -> Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
Coincidence or not• Lincoln defeated Stephen Douglas who was born in 1813. ->Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon who was born in 1913. -> Both were particularly concerned with civil rights. -> Both wives lost children while in the White -house -> Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. -> Both Presidents were shot in the head. -> Lincolns secretary was named Kennedy. ->Kennedys secretary was named Lincoln.
Amazing coincidence• Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners. Both Presidents had Vice Presidents named Johnson. Lincolns Vice President was called Andrew Johnson who served in the House of Representatives in 1847. Kennedys Vice President was called Lyndon Johnson who served in the House of Representatives in1947.
• Both successors (their Vice Presidents) were named Johnson. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908. John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1838. (not 1839)! Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
• Both assassins were known by the three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters. Lincoln was shot at the theatre called "Ford." Kennedy was shot in a car named "Lincoln", made by Ford. Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse. Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater. Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
• NOTE: President Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 and died on April 15, 1865 (age 56) President Kennedy was born on May 29, 1917 and died on Nov 22, 1963 (age 46)
About their wives• Lincoln married while in his • Kennedy was married while THIRTIES to a TWENTY- in his THIRTIES to a FOUR-year old DARK- TWENTY-FOUR-year old HAIRED woman; who had DARK-HAIRED woman; been previously engaged to who had been previously someone else; who came engaged to someone else; from a socially who came from a socially PROMINENT FAMILY; PROMINENT FAMILY; who was fluent in the who was fluent in the FRENCH language; and was FRENCH language; and was known for her exquisite known for her exquisite taste and fashion sense - taste and fashion sense - Mary Todd. Jacqueline Lee Bouvier.
About their families• Lincoln had two • Kennedy had two sons named brothers EDWARD named EDWARD an and ROBERT. EDW d ROBERT.ROBERT ARD DIED and DIED and ROBERT LIVED on. EDWARD LIVED on.
• Lincoln had FOUR • Kennedy had FOUR CHILDREN, TWO CHILDREN, TWO of whom of whom died before died before becoming a teen becoming a teen