Transcript of "Leveraging Twitter Tools for Maximum Use"
Tools for Maximum Use
Presented By: Urvi Mehta
Twitbits About Me
• Started in Social Media with Facebook
• Became Active in Twitter July 2008
• Constantly Learning About New Tools
• Started Social Media Michigan and Social
Media International in Nov 2008
What You Will Learn
• Contact Management
• Search and Directories
• Time Savers, To-Do’s and Productivity
• Creative Uses, Interactivity
• Account Management
• Stats, Metrics, and Tracking
• Mobile Applications
• Keep track of conversations that mention you,
your products, your company, anything, with
hourly updates! You can even keep track of
who's tweeting your website or blog, even if they
use a shortened URL (like tinyurl.com).
• Great for online reputation management,
catching all your @replies, finding
job/networking opportunities, keeping up on your
favorite hobby, and more!
Twitter for Bloggers
– Twitter Updates Plugin
• Plugins will “pull in” your tweets to your blog.
– Twitter Tools Plugin
• Pull in Your tweets to Wordpress blog
• Update Twitter when you make a new blog post
– Twitter for Wordpress
– Send ‘thank you’ and welcome messages to new
– Return-follow your new followers
– Schedule tweets to be delivered at a specific time in
Remember the Milk
• Task Management Service
• Create tasks from Twitter
– Follow RTM and send DM to it
• Notification and task reminders can also be setup
to be delivered
• It's a free service that connects your Twitter
account to your Google Calendar.
• Add events in a snap from your favorite Twitter
• Free service that helps you untangle the
mess of having too many friends on
– Allows you to rate and tag your friends and
then filter your timeline to help you easily find
the tweets that are most important to you!
– Create custom groups of your followers and
filter you timeline by that group.
• Easily post your photos and share them on
• Record 10 second voice message and
share it with your Twitter peeps.
– Quick and Easy way to engage your followers
– Useful if you can’t text or don’t have access to
• Icons and shapes in Tweets
• Bookmarklet that you can drag to your
• FoxyTunes companion
– Firefox extension which allows you to post your
currently playing songs to Twitter with a click. As a
bonus, you can also post the websites you're visiting,
videos you're watching and more!
• Free Job listing board.
– Employers can promote their employment opportunities
to social, savvy job seekers
• Need to get feedback?
• Create a poll and solicit responses just by
• Twitter Grader measures the power of a profile.
• Gives suggestions on people you should follow
based on your profile
• Stats the span of the week for username
• Chart your progress in getting followers
• Offers detailed stats of
– your tweets,
– who you sent them to the most
– When you usually send them
• Hashtags was designed to accommodate
the real-time news community.
– Provide analytic reports and indexing features
to allow users to track what's happening now.
• You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a
word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.
• iPhone or Ipod Touch
Things to Keep In Mind
• Don’t get overwhelmed
• Don’t start using all of them at once
• If you’re a geek, create an application for
you niche or industry
• If you have questions, just ask!
• Twitter: @urvimehta
• Facebook: profile.to/urvimehta
• Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/urvimehta
• Blog: www.urvimehta.com
To Download the Top 50 Social Networking
Sites, visit my Blog at www.urvimehta.com