1. Leveraging Twitter
Tools for Maximum Use
Presented By: Urvi Mehta
2. Twitbits About Me
• Started in Social Media with Facebook
• Became Active in Twitter July 2008
• Constantly Learning About New Tools
• Started Social Media Michigan and Social
Media International in Nov 2008
3. What You Will Learn
• Contact Management
• Search and Directories
• Time Savers, To-Do’s and Productivity
• Creative Uses, Interactivity
• Account Management
• Stats, Metrics, and Tracking
• Mobile Applications
• Keep track of conversations that mention you,
your products, your company, anything, with
hourly updates! You can even keep track of
who's tweeting your website or blog, even if they
use a shortened URL (like tinyurl.com).
• Great for online reputation management,
catching all your @replies, finding
job/networking opportunities, keeping up on your
favorite hobby, and more!
7. Does Follow?
• Find out if person you are following is
following you back.
8. Friend or Follow
• Who are you following that's not following
you back? Who's following you that you're
not following back? Find out!
• Different from Does Follow because it
searches all at once
9. Friend or Follow
• Tweet 2 Tweet tracks the public Twitter timeline
to collect data in order to view conversations
between two users
13. Twitter for Bloggers
– Twitter Updates Plugin
• Plugins will “pull in” your tweets to your blog.
– Twitter Tools Plugin
• Pull in Your tweets to Wordpress blog
• Update Twitter when you make a new blog post
– Twitter for Wordpress
15. Twitter Search
• Formerly known as Summize
• Best tool for finding Twitter Conversations
and conducting niche/keyword search
• Real-time current events for Twitter.
• Use it to research the latest trends and to find out
what’s the hottest buzz.
• Displays in tag cloud feature that is useful
• Great Twitter Directory
• Connect with other in your niche, industry,
• Links to profiles on Facebook and Linked
• Showcases the top 100 Twitter users.
• Follow “Twitter Rockstars” and find out what
they’re doing to gain followers and increase
19. Time Savers,
– Send ‘thank you’ and welcome messages to new
– Return-follow your new followers
– Schedule tweets to be delivered at a specific time in
21. Remember the Milk
• Task Management Service
• Create tasks from Twitter
– Follow RTM and send DM to it
• Notification and task reminders can also be setup
to be delivered
• It's a free service that connects your Twitter
account to your Google Calendar.
• Add events in a snap from your favorite Twitter
• Free service that helps you untangle the
mess of having too many friends on
– Allows you to rate and tag your friends and
then filter your timeline to help you easily find
the tweets that are most important to you!
– Create custom groups of your followers and
filter you timeline by that group.
• Split main feed (All Tweets) into topic or group
specific columns allowing a broader overview of
• Defaults to All Tweets, @replies and direct
• Desktop client
• Built-in URL shortner
• Ability to connect to other services such as
28. Status Updates
– Updates Twitter and other Social Networking
Sites all at the same time
29. Status Updates
– Another tool for Status Updates for Social Networking
30. Creative Uses,
• Easily post your photos and share them on
• Record 10 second voice message and
share it with your Twitter peeps.
– Quick and Easy way to engage your followers
– Useful if you can’t text or don’t have access to
33. Twitter Keys
• Icons and shapes in Tweets
• Bookmarklet that you can drag to your
• FoxyTunes companion
– Firefox extension which allows you to post your
currently playing songs to Twitter with a click. As a
bonus, you can also post the websites you're visiting,
videos you're watching and more!
• Free Job listing board.
– Employers can promote their employment opportunities
to social, savvy job seekers
36. Straw Poll
• Need to get feedback?
• Create a poll and solicit responses just by
• Backup your followers, favorites or the entire
• Twitterless tells you who stops following
you and graphs your follower history over
time, making this info available in a variety
of useful views.
• Qwitter e-mails you when someone stops
following you on Twitter with a message
43. Twitter Grader
• Twitter Grader measures the power of a profile.
• Gives suggestions on people you should follow
based on your profile
44. Twitter Counter
• Stats the span of the week for username
• Chart your progress in getting followers
• Offers detailed stats of
– your tweets,
– who you sent them to the most
– When you usually send them
• Hashtags was designed to accommodate
the real-time news community.
– Provide analytic reports and indexing features
to allow users to track what's happening now.
• You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a
word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.
47. Mobile Apps
• iPhone or Ipod Touch
48. Things to Keep In Mind
• Don’t get overwhelmed
• Don’t start using all of them at once
• If you’re a geek, create an application for
you niche or industry
• If you have questions, just ask!
49. Let’s Connect
• Twitter: @urvimehta
• Facebook: profile.to/urvimehta
• Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/urvimehta
• Blog: www.urvimehta.com
To Download the Top 50 Social Networking
Sites, visit my Blog at www.urvimehta.com