User Experience Architect
Sales & Proposals
Savvy Strategic Planner
Lead / Manage Organized Creative
Productive Rational Results Oriented
B.Arch., M. Plan, M.Arch.
Ps Fw Dw Ai Br Id LrTools
Master of Architecture
1999 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 2013
Canada UK, Switzerland
I live in…
Delivered projects in...
User Experience Design, Interaction Design, IA, Visual Design
Web, Software, Desktop
Mobile (iOS, Android, Blackberry10)
UX Lead and Creative Direction
Sales, Business, Customer Management and Delivery activities
Amit Tungare is a Senior User Experience and Creative Specialist in software user
experience, visual design, information architecture, usability and interaction design
with a wide range of experience designing interfaces and interaction scenarios for a
variety of technologies.
Amit is passionate about designing and creating engaging experiences. He has over 12
years of experience in helping his clients create engaging, entertaining and easily
usable experiences for their applications. His background in architecture (he holds a
Masterʼs degree in Architecture and a Master’s degree in Planning) has given him
fundamental design skills that have transferred to the world of software design with
Amit specializes in Interaction Design, User Experience Management, Information
Architecture, Visual Design, Design Strategy and Planning and can work in any vertical.
He has worked on projects for many top Global companies such as Cisco, Alcatel-
Lucent, Logitech, Bit-Torrent, Motorola, BskyB, OnDemand TV, KLM, Air France,
Qantas, Intracom Telecom, Juniper Networks, Varian Medical etc.
As a usability specialist at Espial, Amit worked directly for Telcoʼs like Motorola, Nortel
Networks, Siemens Ericsson, Telia Sonera and service providers like UK-based Sky
Interactive, Verizon, Real page and many more. He has also worked as a Freelance
consultant for several years and provided design and user experience consulting to
high proﬁle customers such as Dimdim Inc, Thoora Inc, Intracom Corporation Greece
and Etisalat, Dubai.
In his most recent engagement with Government of Canada; Amit has taken the task
of helping set the direction of a large scale internal application. Amit led a team of
developers on the project as a Business and a Project specialist with focus on User
Experience of the application.
Amit is has a very high degree of technical knowledge and understands the
capabilities and limitations of technology as it applies to visual interaction design. He
has applied his skills on desktop, web applications, television, touch screen and
mobile devices and is always looking for, and ﬁnding innovative ways to transfer his
learning across these diﬀerent platforms into unique and compelling experiences.
1. User Interaction Design - Wireframes and Workﬂows
2. User Interface Design - Visual Design
3. Information Architecture - Interaction and Workﬂow Blueprint
4. User Interface Standards - Creating Guidelines and Speciﬁcations
5. Design Strategy
6. Business Case Assistance
7. Design Methodologies User Interaction Design - Wireframes and
8. User Interface Design - Visual Design
9. Information Architecture - Interaction and Workﬂow Blueprint
10. User Interface Standards - Creating Guidelines and Speciﬁcations
11. Design Strategy
12. Business Case Assistance
13. Creating Design Methodologies
Windows Phone Web IPTV
iOS AndroidBlackberry 10 SaaS
(SalesForce) KLM, Qantas, Intracom Telecom,
I have sometimes worked as a consultant catering to my passion and interest of making
user experience entertaining and engaging. I have learnt a lot from these years and hope to
keep learning more through this way. During this period of time, I worked as an
independent consultant; Design Specialist and User Experience evangelist working with
several clients helping design usable web portals and applications. Had an opportunity to
work with customers in various vertical markets.
1. As the Principal of Designyantra; my goal is to help my customers create products
that are superﬂuous and usable even in beta stages. I specialize in helping lean
start-ups create engaging and visually powerful interfaces right out of the gate.
2. With an entrepreneurial spirit and solid training in Architecture combined with
specialties in Interaction design, Visual Design, Usability, Information Architecture,
end-to-end User Experience management.
3. Creating and writing RFP responses,
4. Sales planning.
5. Creative Direction and Leadership in establishing the overall design vision
6. Helping and Directing the team as well as working hands-on in the project
7. Conceptualize, direct and execute design concepts (This includes- creating
Information Architecture Maps, Creating Workﬂows, Wireframes, Visual Designs,
Style Guides, Production Graphics)
8. Ensure project is planned and delivered on deadlines
9. Mentoring and guiding the design team members
10. Making recommendations to improve processes by way of tools, methodologies
11. Provide strategic and mature thinking to help beneﬁt the customer and assist the
growth of the organization
Founder and Principal (2009 - Present)
1. National Research Council, Government of Canada
2. Correctional Services, Government of Canada
3. Rogers Ventures - Thoora Inc.
4. Varian Medical
5. Bit Torrent
9. Materialise Dental
10. Flick Software and You-i-Labs Inc.
11. Intracom Telecom, Greece
12. Dimdim Inc. - Online Web Meetings for Free (Now Salesforce)
13. CR Group
Creating Design Strategy
Introducing Design Philosophy
Creating Usability Business Case for Stakeholder Approval
Evangelize User Experience within the organization
Creating a Style Guides
Building a UX Design Team and implement the design recommendations
User Experience Lead (2008- 2009)
Led User Experience Design initiative, managing the User Interaction, Interface design and
development for Maintenix – Aircraft and Aviation Maintenance software.
Reported to Director of Software Design Group managing the architecture and design of
the software through client facing meetings and discussions.
Assignments included customer requirements analysis and design solutions for customers
like KLM, Air France and Qantas Airlines.
1. Worked in the capacity of a User Experience Designer, leading the Ottawa team
initiative of UI design and development for consumer survey product - Zoomerang.
2. Reported to Director of User Experience based in San Francisco managing the
portfolio of products within Markettools.
3. Designed interfaces and developed complex Information Architecture maps for the
mobile subscription version of survey application Zoomerang.
4. Designed and developed system use cases, edge cases and use case scenarios
for potential users.
5. Led the eﬀort for 3rd Generation User Experience in Survey Creation and Survey
taking using advantageous features of AJAX and various RIA's.
Sr. User Experience Designer (2007- 2008)
1. Worked as a UED at Espial, providing vision and overall responsibility for total user
2. Worked with interdisciplinary teams, projects and executive management to
ensure a continued focus and producing an oﬀering with entertainment class user
experience through IPTV.
3. Responsible for conducting market research, deﬁning and recommending
appropriate delivery mechanisms for product features like Electronic Program
Guides, Video on Demand, Digital Video Recorder, Walled garden content,
interactive TV portals and all the elements that require interaction using a remote
4. Responsible for identifying technical limitations and their usability implications and
5. Created usability tests, guidelines, and helped write acceptance test plans and
advocated conducting focus groups to test Espial IPTV product with real users.
6. Designed and delivered entertainment class user experiences for various clients
on behalf of Espial
7. Worked closely with the marketing team on creating and developing corporate
style deﬁnitions for internet, print and product identities.
Espial Group Inc.
User Experience Designer (2005- 2007)
1. Worked on designing and enhancing of the interfaces, wizards, dialogs etc. for
Corel Products like Corel Central, Word Perfect and Quattro Pro.
2. Made signiﬁcant contribution to design and development of product Corel Word
Perfect: Family Pack 2
Intern User Experience Designer (2000- 2001)
Taught a course of Principles of User Centered Design for ﬁrst year interactive media
program at Algonquin College in Ottawa.
Visiting Faculty (2004- 2005)
1. Worked on designing and enhancing of the interfaces and the API of the core
product of the company, Databeacon, an online data publishing and analysis tool.
2. Developed web based training tours for the product in multimedia.
3. Designed and Managed two web-portal projects involving database design and
4. Designed marketing collaterals and ad campaigns for the product.
5. Webmaster for all the existent portals of the company.
User Experience Designer (2001- 2002)
Education4Master of Architecture, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Master of Planning, School of Architecture, New Delhi, India
Bachelor of Architecture, University of Pune, India