Cart abandonment rates have been steadily increasing and email remarketing has proven to be an effective tactic for recovering these abandoned carts. UpSellit (http://www.upsellit.com/lead-recovery-remarketing.jsp) has created a best practices guide that outlines the tips, strategies and proven methods for creating a highly effective email remarketing campaign.
This presentation outlines the steps marketers should perform when creating their own email remarketing campaign to fight cart abandonment:
1. Effective lead recovery utilizes both pre-submit and post-submit techniques to build the largest remarketing database possible.
2. Identify the key traffic sources and primary reasons for cart abandonment in order to create an effective traffic segmentation strategy.
3. Creating a consistent and effective messaging strategy throughout the email remarketing campaign will deliver the best results.
4. Perfectly timing each email is a science, not an art and requires extensive testing.
5. Incentives are a great way to give conversions a little boost, but only the 'ideal incentive' will produce the greatest increase in net profit.
6. Make sure your emails are well designed and are easily read in the mobile inbox.
7. Learn about UpSellit's 100% pay-for-performance cart abandonment solutions here: