2. Two of the most infuental female figure in the womans suffrageElizabeth Cady StatonElizabeth Cady Stanton (November 12, 1815 –October 26, 1902) was an American social activist,abolitionist, and leading figure of the early womansmovement.Stanton addressed a number of issues pertaining towomen beyond voting rights. Her concerns includedwomens parental and custody rights, property rights,employment and income rights, divorce laws, theeconomic health of the family, and birth control. Shewas also an outspoken supporter of the 19th-centurytemperance movement.
3. Lucy StoneLucy Stone (August 13, 1818 – October 19, 1893) was aprominent American abolitionist and suffragist, and a vocaladvocate and organizer promoting rights for women. Stonesorganizational activities for the cause of womens rightsyielded tangible gains in the difficult political environment ofthe 19th century.
4. Fought for the rights of womenDuring the nineteenth century, women in the United Statesorganized and participated in a large number of reformmovements. Some women saw similarities in the socialstatus of women and slaves. So they fought for womansrights.
5. When the civil war between the North and the South endedin 1865, the Fourteenth anf Fifteenth Amendments to theConstitution adopted in 1868 and 1870 grated citizenshipand suffrage to blacks but no to women.Feminists worked tirelessly to influence more and morewomen to demand the right to vote. NineteenthAmendment finally granted women the right to vote.
6. Contents of the nineteenth amendment to the constitution united statesThe right of citizens of the United States to vote shall notbe denied or abridged by the United States or by anyState on account of sex. ”
7. Did you know ? A womens suffrage bill was presented toevery Congress since 1878, but failed topass continuously On January 9, 1918 President WoodrowWilson announced his support for theamendment, But it still a debate. Althoughwomen continue to struggle to get theirrights Finally in 1920, theNineteenth Amendmentgranted women the right tovote