1. E- TEACHING STRATEGIES Prof. Romesh Verma School of Education, UOU, Haldwani, UK. Er. Nivedita Verma
2. E- Teaching Strategies:Abstract  If we go back one hundred years from now and compare the developments, we come across amazing advancements in science and technology, commerce, health care and transport. But unfortunately, the way an average teacher is teaching have remained largely unchanged . Through this presentation an attempt has been made how information technology (Internet) can be used to update teaching learning process.
3. IntroductionWorld today is in the grip of information -cum-communication technology demanding life longlearning. Fast changes in the field of communicationtechnology are replacing teaching - learning processfrom traditional Ivory Tower Mentality of teachertraining programmes to E- Teaching . NKC advocatesthe application of ICT to reform teacher education asper the needs of 21st Century teacher trainee, teachereducator and training institutions.
4. Need For ICT Based TeacherEducationNCTE at national level needs to come forward toplan, design and ensure the conduct of ICT basedteacher education courses.Efficiently planned and designed teacher education courses will not only enhance employability but will also help the system of education to provide proficient teachers to work effectively using E- Teaching - Learning Strategies :
5. E- Teaching StrategiesE- Lecturing E- Access Network ResourcesE- Discussion Forum E - Structured Group ActivityE- Mentoring E- Quality Learning SimulationE - Tutoring E - Informal Peer Interaction E- Connected Education E- Learning Objects E- Learning Resources E-Social Networking
6. E - Lecturing E- Lecturing provides crucial concept and techniques to fulfill learner’s need to solve the problem through electronic lecture. E- Lecturing involves the use of E- Black Board, Web CT, KEWL etc, as Web based Platform for distributing and facilitating E- learning curricula. E- Lecturing motivates the learner to use Web: - to access rich resources of information, - meaningful interaction with the content, - bring people together to interact, support .
7. E - Discussion Forum E- Discussion facilitates Online interaction between learner and teacher with respect to structured learning content and flexible learning environment. E- Discussion Forum is used where learner is expected to initiate discussion /pose question. E- Discussion Forum involves both local and non local expert practioners / teachers to interacts with the learner with regard to curriculum or need based content.
8. E - Mentoring E- Mentoring encourages the learner to seek Online professional assistance from the mentor. E - Mentoring has course indicator which enables a learner to locate online resource person for expert guidance.
9. E - Tutoring E- Tutoring as learning tool provides education to the learner to bridge the gap of Face to Face interaction. E- Tutoring also extend expertise to master the content of a particular course.
10. E- Network Resources E- Access Network Resources provides additional reading material to the learner pertaining to the course. E - Access Resources facilitates the learner to share knowledge and content to prepare course assignments and project.
11. E - Structured Group Activity Facilitates the learner to learn in the structured group electronically in the form of: i) Seminar ii) Small group discussion iii) Learning partnership iv) Simulation / role play v) Peer learning group
12. E - Informal Peer Interaction Impact of E - informal interaction results good learning and facilities the learner through: E - mail, Chat, Net learner group, Mailing Lists Social networking tools: -You Tube, - Face Book etc;
13. E – Connected Education Where learners, teachers and related supportprofessionals remain connected to interact, identify, understand, develop and improve effectivecommunication with respect to : i) Learners capabilities need and goals, ii) Teachers capabilities need and goals, iii) Academic content, vi) Approaches of teaching & learning, v) Media and application of technology,i) Assessment and feed back.
14. E - Quality Learning Simulations E -Quality learning courses are gaining market acceptability, recognition , healthy inclination towards E – learning environment because of: Easy accessibility Fast sharing Transparency Availability of competent professionals actively and co-operatively involved in creating, and improving the instructional programme.
15. Collaborative Learning Content Sharing Wiki, Public Forums Using of Licenses like Creative Commons
16. E- Learning :A Paradigm Shift In brief, teacher education in view of global world can not afford to remain indifferent and unresponsive to the aura of E- learning. The spectrum of E- Learning with mind boggling progression has exercised a well discernable shift from formal schooling to de-schooling to e- schooling of e-learner, e-teacher, e-learning environment, e-content , e-resources and e- learning strategies. For that let us prepare our selves.