1. analyzed bySocial Media Shakedown of Top Brands in May 2013
2. The PlatformUnmetric monitors over 10,000 brandsacross 30 sectors and all major countries.We analyze data from:Is Your Brand Social Enough?Not-so-obvious Competitive Intelligence on over10,000 brands across 30 sectors... so you knowwho is outsocializing who. And how.
3. SO ANALYSIS OFBRANDS ONFACEBOOKFans, Conversations, Engagement,Campaigns, etc...
4. May 2013Brands that Gained the Most New Fans2,982,0892,463,9782,038,1041,772,950 1,757,6511,648,4931,564,9571,402,2411,074,638982,214-500,0001,000,0001,500,0002,000,0002,500,0003,000,0003,500,000Added 2.9 Million fans
5. 878%627%500%465%363%215%168% 150%122% 118%0%100%200%300%400%500%600%700%800%900%1000%Brands with the Highest Fan Growth Rateexperienced an exponential growth rate of 878%May 2013
6. Most Engaging Posts Across All SectorsMay 2013
7. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for Facebook)Sector BrandAutomotiveAviationBankingBeverages – AlcoholConsumer ElectronicsSector BrandEducationFood & BeveragesHospitalityInsuranceLuxuryMay 2013
8. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for Facebook)Sector BrandTelevisionMobile & HandheldsPersonal CareRestaurant & CafeRetailSector BrandRetail ChainsSportsTechnologyTelecom ServicesTravelMay 2013
9. A Closer Look atSelected TopBrands
10. Xbox – Xbox OneXbox experienced a marked rise in fans after the announcement of the Xbox One
11. Playstation & Xbox – Engagement ComparisonWith the launch of the Xbox One,Xbox’s engagement in May was far ahead of PlayStationMost engaging post of themonth465111725238142Consumer Electronics sector across all GeographiesConsumer Electronics sector in North AmericaXboxGibsonPlayStationSamsung CameraEngagement Score
12. Walt Disney World – Engagement StudyAs the leading brand in the Hospitality sector,Disney World continues to experience incredible engagement in the month of May
13. Dior – Celebrity EndorsementsDior edged Burberry out for top spot on the Luxury Charts.They mostly posted around Celebrity Endorsed Content and this engaged the best for them.
14. Dove – Engagement StrategyDove had a very balanced strategy for the month of May.They posted most around their products.Contest Ad Campaign Product Oriented
15. Expedia - DealsExpedia mostly posted around diﬀerent deals and this engaged well for them,keeping them at the top of the Travel & Tourism tables
16. SO ANALYSIS OFBRANDS ONTWITTERFollowers, Customer Service Metrics,Campaigns, etc...
17. 1,423,5411,280,6641,127,5821,043,298633,373549,507 541,410428,744 398,805 396,533-200,000400,000600,000800,0001,000,0001,200,0001,400,0001,600,000 added the most new Followers on TwitterMay 2013Brands that Gained the Most New Followers
18. Brands that Tweeted the MostMay 201312,93112,17110,9253,840 3,8313,050 2,909 2,715 2,684 2,505-2,0004,0006,0008,00010,00012,00014,000JPMorganChaseWells FargoCareersHuﬃngtonPostBusinessInsiderStandardCharteredJobsBBC Sport TheAssociatedPressBloombergNewsHollywoodReporterCNETNews brands have been the most proliﬁc tweeters.
19. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for Twitter)Sector BrandAutomotiveAviationBankingBeverages – AlcoholConsumer ElectronicsSector BrandEducationFood & BeveragesHospitalityInsuranceLuxuryMay 2013
20. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for Twitter)Sector BrandTelevisionMobile & HandheldsPersonal CareRestaurant & CafeRetailSector BrandRetail ChainsSportsTechnologyTelecom ServicesTravelMay 2013
21. SO A Closer Look atSelected TopBrands
22. American Express - #AmexAdventuresOn May 27th Amex had 425 replies, all of which were around the #AmexAdventures campaign.
23. American Express - #PreserveDMVAmerican Express teamed up with National Trust for Historic Preservation in an eﬀort to awardpreservation grants to historic places around the country. Amex ran a contest around #PreserveDMV
24. Keurig - #PointofVueKeurig tweeted an average of 30 times a dayand 96% of those tweets were replies.For Mothers Day, Keurig ran a #PointofVue sweepstakes on Instagramas well as Facebook and Twitter.
25. New York Life - #KeepGoodGoingNew York Life continued their #KeepGoodGoing campaign in the month of May
26. MTV - #HangoutFestMTV posted around the Hangout Music Festival.They posted about the diﬀerent events as well as ran a contest around HangoutFest 2014.
27. Windows – Reply StrategyWindows replied to 5,615 tweets in May, with an ART of 3hrs 14mins.They had a faster average reply time than the average Technology page in N.A. & Worldwide.7hrs, 35 min7hrs, 37 min3hrs,, 14 min8hrs, 53 min3hrs, 27 min15hrs, 42 min10 hrs, 27 min
28. Top Retail brands on TwitterVictoria’s Secret led the way on Twitter with an Unmetric Score of 88,followed by TOMS and Nike at 80 and 77.Brand Name Total Followers Followers GrowthNumber of TweetsAverage ResponseTimeProactiveTweetsReplies Retweets@VictoriasSecret 2,225,228 5.52% 195 1951 17 9:03:50@TOMS 2,152,324 0.25% 78 956 15 10:24:47@hm 2,102,787 6.65% 28 123 0 6:31:28@Nike 1,368,265 27.74% 3 69 10 5:19:34@nikefootball 1,277,579 6.7% 81 496 10 17:41:12
29. SO ANALYSIS OFBRANDS ONYOUTUBEViews, Shares, Uploads, Top Video, etc...
30. 87,437,42271,552,18164,458,221 63,304,77755,027,75941,220,04827,024,65023,479,030 22,666,729 22,270,237-10,000,00020,000,00030,000,00040,000,00050,000,00060,000,00070,000,00080,000,00090,000,000100,000,000Brands with the Most New Viewsadded an incredible 87 million viewsMay 2013
31. Top Videos of the MonthMay 2013Samsung Galaxy S4 - Boarding Samsung Galaxy S4 – Grad PartySony PlayStation 4 - Teaser Old Spice - Baby
32. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for YouTube)Sector BrandAutomotiveAviationBankingBeverages – AlcoholConsumer ElectronicsSector BrandEducationFood & BeveragesHospitalityInsuranceLuxuryMay 2013
33. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for YouTube)Sector BrandTelevisionMobile & HandheldsPersonal CareRestaurant & CafeRetailSector BrandRetail ChainsSportsTechnologyTelecom ServicesTravelMay 2013
34. SO A Closer Look atSelected TopBrands
35. Samsung Mobile USA – Galaxy S 4 - BoardingVideo Views GrowthThe ﬁrst-ever 5.0" Full HD Super AMOLED screen on the GalaxyS 4 is bound to turn heads. (And will pause your video if youturn yours). To learn all about the features that make theGalaxy S 4 the Next Big Thing
36. Samsung Mobile USA – Galaxy S 4 – Grad PartyThe Next Big Thing is here, and its packed with a 13 MPcamera, S Beam, Drama Shot, Air Gesture, Air View, andmore. Learn all about the innovative features that makeup the Galaxy S 4 and join the conversationVideo Views Growth
37. PlayStation – PlayStation 4 See it First at E3|TeaserVideo Views GrowthWatch our world exclusive teaser video and make sureyou are the ﬁrst to see it at E3 June 10th 2013
38. Old Spice - BabyVideo Views GrowthA brand-new video for a brand-new shaving gel productto give you a brand new sense of a brand-new you.
40. 5,734,8664,932,2064,589,1124,458,1423,854,0073,627,1243,057,2321,990,8901,631,4431,496,507-1,000,0002,000,0003,000,0004,000,0005,000,0006,000,0007,000,000L.L.Bean HarpersBazaarJetsetter Nordstrom EverydayHealthLowes Quiksilver lululemonathleticaSwarovski MashableBrands with most followershas the highest number of followersMay 2013
41. 2,1601,7111,6231,3981,2881,123972903828 813-5001,0001,5002,0002,500Free People NASTY GAL HarpersBazaarHeels.com Zazzle Inc. TODAY BetterHomes andGardensCrate andBarrelNeimanMarcusZAGGBrands with most new PinsMay 2013added the most number of new pins
42. Best Boards of the MonthMay 2013
43. Sector Leaders in the United StatesMay 2013(Based on the Unmetric Score for Pinterest)Sector BrandAutomotiveAviationBankingBeverages – AlcoholConsumer ElectronicsSector BrandFood & BeveragesHospitalityInsuranceLuxuryTelevision
44. Sector Leaders in the United States(Based on the Unmetric Score for Pinterest)Sector BrandPersonal CareRestaurant & CafeRetailRetail ChainsSector BrandSportsTechnologyTelecom ServicesTravelMay 2013
45. SO A Closer Look atSelected TopBrands
46. Southwest - VintageThe Metrics:
47. American Family Insurance – Dream Room MakeoverThe Metrics:
48. Capital One – Small Business is Smart BusinessThe Metrics:
49. Birchbox – Home Décor InspirationThe Metrics:
50. Unmetric works with leading brands and agencies to help them establish benchmarks for their social media teams andsocial media campaigns. The data provided by the Unmetric (SaaS) platform is instrumental in facilitating understandingand driving down costs by creating more efﬁcient social media teams.About Unmetric :THANK YOUPlease contact us firstname.lastname@example.org more information