Rosemary Bissett (Head of Sustainability, Governance & Risk, Enterprise Risk, National Australia Bank) - Presentation at the United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) Corporate Sustainability Leadership Seminar ‘Corporate Water Valuation: Accounting for Risks and Impacts, Valuing Ecosystem Services’ held on Monday 29 April 2013, in partnership with National Australia Bank.
Held in support of the International Year of Water Cooperation, seminar addressed some of the challenges and opportunities associated with corporate water valuation, as well as local actions and global tools and initiatives in this area. It highlighted some examples of what Australian businesses are doing, alongside government and NGOs, to measure and manage their risks, impacts and dependencies on water.
Guest Speakers & Panelists included:
• Matt Kendall, General Manager, Planning and Evaluation Group, National Water Commission
• Rosemary Bissett, Head of Sustainability, Governance & Risk, Enterprise Risk, National Australia Bank
• Carl Obst, Editor, UN System of Environmental-Economic Accounting (SEEA)
• Jean-Michel Seillier, Regional Manager Victoria, Veolia Water
• Gioia Small, Regional Manager Sustainability and Vintrepreneur, Treasury Wine Estates
• Michael Spencer, Secretary, Water Stewardship Australia and Fellow, Department of Business, Law and Taxation, Monash University
• Rob Gell, Environmental Entrepreneur, Chairman of UNESCO Western Port Biosphere, and Chair of Wildlife Victoria
More information available at: http://www.unaavictoria.org.au/education-advocacy/masterclasses/corporate-water-valuation-seminar/