Dr Simon Bradshaw - Oxfam Australia - Financing Adaptation Presentation 29102012
- 662 views
Dr Simon Bradshaw (Climate Change Advocacy Coordinator, Oxfam Australia) - Presentation at the United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) Climate Finance: Sustainability with ...
Dr Simon Bradshaw (Climate Change Advocacy Coordinator, Oxfam Australia) - Presentation at the United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) Climate Finance: Sustainability with Integrity Seminar held in Melbourne, 29 October 2012, in partnership with National Australia Bank. The seminar is part of the UNAA (Vic) Sustainability Leadership Series.
Building momentum for collective action post-Rio+20, the seminar brought together key players from government, business and civil society to discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with climate finance. In particular, the seminar addressed issues of governance, transparency and accountability for climate finance, key requirements to ensure that climate finance becomes an effective driver of sustainable development.
Expert panel discussion focussed on:
- The Australian Government perspective on climate finance: current priorities, role, contributions, and commitments;
- The global Green Climate Fund (GCF) and Australia's fast-start finance contribution
Issues of transparency and accountability for climate finance governance.
- Investor perspective on climate finance: challenges and opportunities and the role of the investment community.
- Community development perspective on climate finance: achieving sustainable development objectives
- Experiences and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration
- Rosemary Sainty (Former Head, Secretariat, UN Global Compact Network Australia and Adviser, Corporate Engagement, Transparency International Australia)
- Gregory Andrews (Assistant Secretary, Finance, Forests and Development Branch, International Division, Australian Government Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency)
- Graham Tupper (Director, Transparency International Australia)
- Nathan Fabian (Chief Executive, Investor Group on Climate Change)
- Dr Simon Bradshaw (Climate Change Advocacy Coordinator, Oxfam Australia)
For more information on this or other events in the Sustainability Leadership Series please contact:
United Nations Association of Australia (Vic)
T: (+613) 9670 7878
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views