Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
History Of Dental Education
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

History Of Dental Education

3,545
views

Published on

An exhibit of images from the University of Michigan Dentistry Library and pages from the 1900 School of Dentistry's "Annual …

An exhibit of images from the University of Michigan Dentistry Library and pages from the 1900 School of Dentistry's "Annual
Announcement."

Published in: Education, Health & Medicine

0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
3,545
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
35
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. History of Dental Education at the University of Michigan The Dentistry Library The “Annual Announcement,” 1900
  • 2. The Dentistry Library In an 1895 issue of the Dental School publication Dental Journal, Miss Hubbard, seated at her desk, was given credit for cataloguing and systematically arranging the books in the dental library. This reading room was located on the second floor of the Dental College building, a former professor's house which stood on the current site of the Chemistry Building. The Dental College occupied this building from 1891-1908 Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 3. The Dentistry Library The “North Room” was reserved for the graduate students. The rare book collection was housed in the cabinets on the right; at the far end of the room is a collection of class photos. Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 4. The Dentistry Library The main reading room of the Dentistry Library as it appeared in February 1940. This building, on the current site of the School of Dentistry, was the first structure built especially for the School and was occupied from 1908- 1969. Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 5. The Dentistry Library While the current School of Dentistry building was under construction, between 1969-1971, the dental collection was moved into temporary quarters in the basement of the new clinic building where the CAIDENT Center is now located. Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 6. The Dentistry Library When the new Dentistry building was completed in 1971, the Dentistry Library occupied the elevated second floor facing North University Street. The library remained here until 2008. Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 7. The Dentistry Library By 2008, a declining reliance on space- consuming printed materials and the growing importance of electronic journals allowed the Dentistry Library to be merged with the Taubman Medical Library on East Catherine Street. Return to first slide Previous slide Next slide
  • 8. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 9. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 10. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 11. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 12. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 13. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 14. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 15. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 16. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 17. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide
  • 18. The Dental Education Program Previous slide Return to first slide Next slide

×