Using Open Educational Resources (OER) for course design - Frank Rennie
by University of the Highlands and Islands on Jun 23, 2010
- 1,144 views
Prof. Frank Rennie talked about sideCAP, an EU funded project aiming to improve the quality and flexibility of distance education provision on a sustainable basis. The project's main focus is on Open ...
Prof. Frank Rennie talked about sideCAP, an EU funded project aiming to improve the quality and flexibility of distance education provision on a sustainable basis. The project's main focus is on Open Educational Resources and the delivery of teacher training in new technologies for developing OER in their course designs.
Interesting presentation capturing the essence of OER within the context of course design.
Prof. Rennie touched upon many aspects of the discussion on supporting teachers finding, using and repurposing OER materials that took place on Eluminate prior to his presentation. These involved:
* Changing mindsets of teachers and institutions in sharing materials openly
* Addressing the issue of quality
Improve awareness and findability, while tackling issues of confidence and adaptability
* Learn to develop materials and teach in an open fashion
* Foster instituional support for the development of skills and technical capabilities to customise what's available.
* Write 'wrap-around' pedagogical materials that contextualise and support the learning resources
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views