The Next Giant Leap: Leveraging Lunar Assets For Sustainable Pathways to Space (Updated June 1)
★ ★ ★
TTHEHE NNEXTEXT GGIANTIANT LLEAPEAP::
LLEVERAGINGEVERAGING LLUNARUNAR AASSETSSSETS
SSUSTAINABLEUSTAINABLE PPATHWAYSATHWAYS TTOO SSPACEPACE
November 9-13, 2014
Marriott Waikoloa Hotel
Big Island of Hawaii
1. Opportunities/Goals for Leveraging Lunar Assets:
2. Cost-Effective Scenarios for Near-Term Pathways:
3. Enabling Mechanisms for Program Development:
• Extending Earth’s economic sphere
• Expanding space education/science/research
• Diversifying space commerce/industry
• Promoting international space partnerships
• Preparing for deep space missions
• Cis-lunar space (station/platforms/depots)
• Lunar surface enterprise (robotic/human)
Linking the vision/goals for sustainable space pathways
with the technical, scientific, human, and financial resources
and capabilities that can achieve them.
Establish clear vision for leveraging lunar
assets, including roadmaps/timelines,
mission requirements, access to critical
resources/capabilities, and key players.
Prepare detailed reports on “next steps”
for transmission to key government/private
agencies and institutions.
Launch multinational/multi-sectoral teams
to organize/coordinate long-term program
development and implementation.