1. A member of UEM GroupThe Nation’s Infrastructure Partner www.uembuilders.com
2. Construction Arm of UEM GroupWholly-owned by Khazanah Nasional Berhad 11 major operating companies with > 2,516 employees Shareholders’ funds : > USD 163 million Revenue : USD 431 million Total assets : USD 1.3 billion (as at 30 Nov 2010
3. 11 major engineering and construction companies Synergize on 4 core businesses Engineering & Infrastructure Construction Maintenance Core Businesses Construction Toll Concession Materials Supply
5. 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% IBS Iconsis Sdn Bhd UEM Construction (B) Sdn. Bhd UEM Construction Intria Bina Sdn Bhd Buildcast Sdn Bhd PATI Sdn Bhd Sdn Bhd Engineering & Construction 100% 100% 100% 50% 100% UEM Builders UEM Builders UEM Builders- PT Karabha (Singapore) Pte Ltd (Singapore) Pte Ltd Ansal API Pvt Ltd Gryamandiri UE Development India Pte Ltd Infrastructure Maintenance & Facilities Management 100% 100% Soil Centralab Sdn Bhd 100% PROPEL Toll Concession Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd Direct Business Units 100% 100% 100% 98% 80% Total Trade Sdn Bhd Kuari Pati Sdn Bhd PATI Technologies Sdn Bhd HOTO Stainless Steel Matang Pagar Industries Sdn Bhd Sdn Bhd Investment Holdings 21.8% *Costain Group plc* Listed on the London Stock Exchange
6. 700 600 500 400USD Million 300 200 100 0 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Year
7. 40 years’ experience in engineering & construction 880 experienced professional staff (Engineers, Architects, QS, Accountants) USD 315 million paid up capital USD 1.3 billion total assets Machineries available for local and international projects USD 80mil worth of equipment in India, Malaysia and Qatar
8. COMPLETED PROJECTSwww.uembuilders.com
9. EXPRESSWAYS NORTH SOUTH EXPRESSWAY Construction and O&M of 955 km tolled HighwayPENANG BRIDGEOperation and Maintenance of 13.5 km bridgeMALAYSIA SINGAPORE SECOND CROSSINGConstruction and O&M of 44 km of highways including 2 km bridge NORTH SOUTH EXPRESSWAY CENTRAL LINK Construction and O&M of 45 km of tolled expressway
10. NORTH-SOUTH EXPRESSWAY Construction of several packages amounting to 203 km dual two lanes tolled expressway. Involved in implementation of heavy repair works and routine maintenance of the completed 848 km expressway since 1994. Completed in May 1995. Project cost: USD 630 million.
11. NORTH SOUTH EXPRESSWAY CENTRAL LINK Construction of 45 km of tolled expressway linking NKVE to Nilai North Interchange at NSE. Gateway to KLIA airport and Cyberjaya/Putrajaya. Involved in implementation of heavy repair works and routine maintenance of the completed 60 km expressway since 1997. Completed in December 1997. Project cost: USD 236 million.
12. MALAYSIA-SINGAPORE SECOND CROSSING BRIDGE Construction of 44 km of dual two/three lane tolled expressway and 2 km of bridge linking Johor to Singapore and to Johor City & NSE. Involved in implementation of heavy repair works and routine maintenance of the completed 44 km expressway since 1997. Completed in December 1997. Project cost: USD 310 million.
13. NORTH-SOUTH EXPRESSWAY- THIRD LANE WIDENING North South Expressway – Proposed Third Lane Widening and Modification for Non- Stop Through Traffic for Packages 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4, 5 and 5A. Commenced: Package 1 -July 2005 (Completed) Package 2A,2B,3A,3B & 4 –Aug 2005 (Completed) Package 5 – August 2005 (Completed) Package 5A –July 2005 (Completed) Value : USD 253 million
14. PENANG BRIDGE WIDENING Construction of widening of the existing Penang Bridge. Involvement of rejuvenation of the existing east side approach embankment foundations alongside extending the existing substructure of the main viaduct and providing longitudinal beams and construction of Uni- Directional Ramps to mainland side. Completed on August 2009. Project cost: USD 143 million.
15. COMPLETED HIGHWAYS IN INDIA
16. MAJOR HIGHWAYS COMPLETED IN INDIA Construction & Maintenance (for 15 years) of Tuni - Anakapalli, NH 5, Andhra Pradesh Length : 59 km. Project Cost (@ EPC) : USD 48 mil. Construction & Maintenance (for 15 years) of Tambaram-Tindivanam,NH 45,Tamil Nadu Length : 93 km. Project Cost : USD 63 mil. Tumkur–Haveri-NH4, Pkg. 2,4,5-Karnataka Length : 200 km. Project Cost (@ EPC) : USD 152.7 mil.
17. MAJOR HIGHWAYS COMPLETED IN INDIA Bhiwandi-Kalyan-Shil Phata, Maharastra Length : 25 km. Project Cost : USD 17 mil. Etawah to Sikandra-NH 2, Uttar Pradesh – Pckg.1C Length : 72km. Project Cost : USD 63 mil. Kerala State Transport Project Phase-1 Length : 127 km. Project Cost : USD 50 mil.
18. MANILA-CAVITE TOLL EXPRESSWAY PKG 1, PHILIPPINES Upgrading of existing R1 Expressway Length: 6.6km dual 3-lane highway Completed: April 1998 Project cost: USD23 million
19. PROJECT IN QATAR Qatar Primary Routes - Salwa Road Phase 1 Upgrading 81 km dual 4 lane highway linking Qatar-Saudi Border at Salwa to Doha Total project cost: USD 265 million. Completed: December 2008
20. TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFIED DOUBLE TRACK Construction of total 182km of Electrified Double Track Railway Lines between two major citiesLIGHT RAIL TRANSIT SYSTEMConstruction of total 29km elevated, underground and atgrade track including stations for the driverless automatedLight Rail Transit.
21. PUTRA LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT STATIONS, KUALA LUMPUR Completed: 1999 Value: USD 494.3 millionProject involved the construction of 29 km track way for LightRail Transit System in Kuala Lumpur involving 22 km elevatedtrack, 5 km underground tunnel and 2 km at-grade track.Construction of 5 underground LRT stations, 17 above-groundand 2 at-grade stations throughout the LRT system.Longest driverless automated LRT in the world.Implemented in November 1994 and completed in June 1999.
22. IPOH-RAWANG ELECTRIFIED DOUBLE TRACKING Construction of 155 bridge crossings for the 182 km electrified railway line linking Rawang to Ipoh. Project Cost: USD 436 million. 31st March 2007
23. BUILDINGS & FACILITIESMARDI Agriculture CentreConstruction of National Stadium,aquatic centre and indoor stadium NATIONAL HEART INSTITUTEfor the nation sport facilities. Construction of new healthcare facilities for the extension of the National Heart Institute.NATIONAL SPORTS COMPLEX KUALA LUMPUR INTERNATIONALConstruction of National Stadium, aquatic centreand indoor stadium for the nation sport facilities. AIRPORT (KLIA) Construction of Satellite Building and ancillary works for the Malaysia’s largest airport.MINISTRY OF FINANCE II BUILDINGConstruction of Government Building for theFederal Government Administrative Centre inPutrajaya. JSNAC Construction of Johor State New Administration Centre in Johor
24. NATIONAL SPORTS COMPLEX, BUKIT JALIL, KUALA LUMPUR Completed: June 1998 Value: USD 263 million100,000 capacity National Stadium (outdoor stadium),3,700 seat National Aquatic Centre (swimmingcomplex) and 16,000 seat Putra Stadium (indoorstadium).Implemented in January 1994 and completed in July1998 for the XVI Commonwealth Games.
25. COMMONWEALTH GAMES VILLAGE, BUKIT JALIL, KUALA LUMPUR Completed: June 1998 Value: USD 109 million Gross Floor Area: 198,774 m²Construction of multi storey apartment blockscomplete with recreational facilities.1,500 units were built in total.
26. KUALA LUMPUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SATELLITE BUILDING, SEPANG Completed: December 1998 Value: USD 141 million Gross Floor Area: 148,000 m².Design and construction of the satellite building andits ancillary works as part of the Kuala LumpurInternational Airport Complex.Project implementation in joint venture withinternational construction companies as consortiumpartners.
27. EAST MALAYSIA HOSPITALS Completed: 2004 Value: USD 234 million The planning, design, construction, equipping, commissioning and maintenance of six hospitals with a combined total of 976 beds were delivered to the Ministry of Health Malaysia in stages from 2002 till 2005. Five of the hospitals are located in the state of Sabah in East Malaysia, namely Lahad Datu, Keningau, Kuala Penyu, Pitas and Kunak. One more hospital is located in the state of Sarawak, also in East Malaysia, in Sarikei.
28. UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY PETRONAS (UTP) MOSQUE, TRONOH, PERAK Completed: October 2005 Value: USD 7.7 million Gross Floor Area: 5,659 m² The construction and completion of this uniquely designed ‘floating’ mosque at Bandar Seri Iskandar, Perak has a capacity to accommodate 4,000 people. The enclosed main prayer area is air- conditioned and can accommodate 1,000 people. The covered prayer area, accommodating 3,000 people, which was previously ventilated naturally, has been changed into an air-conditioned system.
29. DANAU VILLA LINK HOME, TAMAN DESA, KUALA LUMPUR• Commenced: 10 September 2004• Completion: 6 November 2005• Value: USD90.5 millionConstruction and completion of 64units of 3-storey link home andsewerage pump, Danau Villa LinkHome, Taman Desa, Kuala Lumpur.
30. MINISTRY OF FINANCE BUILDING 2, PUTRAJAYA Commenced: 4 December 2002 Completed: 30 April 2007 Value: USD 60 million Gross Floor Area: 67,108 m² Design, construction and completion of office buildings to house agencies under the Ministry of Finance at the New Federal Government Administrative Centre in Putrajaya. 2 office blocks, 8 and 10-storey high with each housing two levels of basement car parks. Scope of works include interior design works.
31. CASA DESA CONDOMINIUM, KUALA LUMPURCommenced: 11 July 2005Completed : 31 March 2008 For the 410-unit Casa Desa Condominium, theValue: USD 24 million contract package consists of substructure works andGross Floor Area: 9,794 m2 superstructure works. Project involves construction of 7 blocks of condominium buildings including earthworks, bored piling and pile caps.
32. AGRICULTURE EXPOSITION CENTRE (PHASE 2)-MARDI, SERDANG Project : Agriculture Exposition Centre (Phase 2) – MARDI, Serdang Commenced : 27 November 2007 Completed : 30 June 2008 Value : USD 64 million Gross Floor Area: 25,000 m²
33. JOHOR STATE NEW ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE (JSNAC), PHASE 1, JOHOR Commenced: November 2005 Completed: August 2008 Value: USD 62 millionThe development of the JSNAC on a 320-acre sitelocated at Bandar Nusajaya, 25 km from JohorBahru, Johor is divided into three precinctscomprising the Government precinct (273 acres), VIPresidences and Istana reserve (17 acres) andgovernment housing reserve (30 acres). Phase 1 of this development is divided into five packages where three packages, has been awarded. Project involves the construction of office buildings for the new state administrative centre in Johor.
34. UEM GROUP NEW CORPORATE OFFICE, KUALA LUMPUR Commenced: 1 June 2005 Completed: December 2008 Value: USD 45 million Gross Floor Area: 35,000 m² This project involves the design and construction of a 29- storey office building with an 8-storey annex building at KL Sentral. The scope of works involves interior design.
35. PLUS HEADQUARTERS, SUBANG Development of one block of 10-storey office tower at Subang Toll, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan Commenced : 15 January 2007 Completed : December 2008 Value : USD 29 million
36. STATE DEPARTMENT COMPLEX (JSNAC), NUSAJAYACommenced: November 2005Completed: February 2009Value: USD 63 million
37. NATIONAL HEART INSTITUTE, KUALA LUMPURCommenced: 5 September 2005Completed: March 2009Value: USD 64.6 millionGross Floor Area: 32,840 m² Design, construction, supply and commissioning and maintenance of new healthcare facilities for the extension of the National Heart Institute. This project is divided into four phases and works entail the renovating and refurbishing of existing facilities.
38. COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (COT), DOHA, QATAR Constructionof 21 multidisciplinary buildings comprisingclassrooms, workshops/labs, cafeterias, recreation facilities,auditorium and administration buildings with a total area of63,000 m2 and external infrastructure for campus area of300,000 m2. Project cost: USD 100 million. Completed: October 2006
39. GOVERNMENT APARTMENTS, PUTRAJAYA Project : 548 Units (5 Blocks) Apartment Using Industrialised Building System (IBS) Method Commenced : September 2006 Exp. Completion : March 2008 Value : USD 39 million Gross Floor Area: 60,500 m²
40. RESORTS WORLD AT SENTOSA, SINGAPORE Proposed Basement Structural Works for Universal Studio Commenced: March 2008 MC04-F1 Completed: July 2008 Value: USD 4.5 million Gross Floor Area: 65,800 m²
41. ON-GOING PROJECTSwww.uembuilders.com
42. BANK KERJASAMA RAKYAT HEADQUARTERS, KUALA LUMPUR Design, construction and completion of 2 office towers (32 and 38-storeys), 1 block of 8-storey annex comprises of car parks and 1 unit PPU Commenced : 1 June 2009 Exp. Completion : December 2011 Value : USD 26 million Gross Floor Area: 188,000 m²
43. PENANG SECOND BRIDGE Project : Design, Construction and Completion of the Penang Second Bridge. Package 2 : Super-structure Works of Approach Spans. • Overall length - 24 km • Length over water - 17 km, • Main span : Length - 250 meters • Height clearance (above water) – 30 meters • Number of vehicle lanes – 2 + 1 for motorcycles (each direction) Commenced : June 2009 Exp. Completion : March 2013 Value : USD 473 million
44. PHG’-S’GOR RAW WATER TRANSFER PROJECT Pahang - Selangor Raw Water Transfer Project Lot 1-1, Water Transfers Tunnel & Related Works (2,260 Mld.) Commenced : June 2009 Exp. Completion : May 2014 Value : USD 400 million Length: 44.6km ; Diameter: 5.2m
45. 1,765-acre Sushant Golf City Project in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Project : Construction of various building and engineering works at Sushant Golf City, Lucknow U.P. India. Commenced : 1 April 2008 Exp. Completion : February 2012 Value : USD 497 million Total Development Area : 1,765 acre
46. 4000 UNITS HOUSING PROJECT, BRUNEI Project : 4000 units Housing Project for the National Housing Scheme, Brunei. Commenced : 2 February 2010 Exp. Completion : February 2014 Value : USD 290 million Total Development Area: 309 hectares
47. NEW LCC TERMINAL AT KLIA, SEPANG Project : Design, Construction and Completion, Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance of Main Terminal Building, Satellite Building, Sky Bridge and Piers. Commenced : 16 August 2010 Exp. Completion : April 2012 Value : USD 316 million
48. A member of UEM Group Thank You www.uembuilders.comThis document is the property of United Engineers (Malaysia) Berhad. Neither the whole nor any part of this document may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any forms or by any means withoutwritten permission of United Engineers (Malaysia) Berhad.This document is designed to provide information in relation to the subject matter covered for this presentation and should not be used for any other purpose. Whilst every care has been taken in itspreparation, no person should draw conclusions purely on the basis of the material contained herein. If assistance is required, reference should be made to the relevant professional of United Engineers(Malaysia) Berhad.