Focus: Christmas vocabulary practice, using bottom-up and
Materials needed: video clips, PC, worksheets.
Goal: To teach students new words and culture related to Christmas
- Students are able to understand the meaning of Christmas words.
- Students are able to use the words in their speaking and writing.
- T shows students a holiday map
to brainstorm about the topic.
- T shows a video clip to introduce
the topic-Christmas words.
- T asks students what they saw
on the video clip and add some
questions to elicit their interest.
- T brainstorms about the present list ‘Top 5’.
- T present words definition and teach the
words with flash cards.
- Students will guess words from the
definition and make sure them with the
Post-Activity - Ss listen to the song, ‘ All I want for Christmas is you’. - T hands out a worksheet to each student. - Ss fills in the blank with worksheets. - T will encourage students to remember the words and check their understanding.
Use -T asks students to write a letter to Santa. - Ss share the letters and the wish list. - Ss sing the song, ‘ All I want for Christmas’ together.