SWAMI RAMANANDA TIRTHA
INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE
Department of EEE
PREPAID ENERGY METER USING
P.Uday kumar reddy
UNDER THE ESTEEMED GUIDANCE OF
1 Provide the adequate supply to customers and
collect the fare effectively.
2 The imperfection in traditional billing
3 To overcome this imperfections this project is
4 The application is mainly based on
1.Automatic meter reading (AMR) system.
2. Growth of metering instrument technology.
3. Prepayment metering
16X2 LCD DISPLAY
•In this system AT89S52
microcontroller is used.
•256 bytes of internal
•4.0v to 5.5v operating
•32 programmable I/O
•AT89S52 is a lowpower, high performance
• . Controller receives the commands from GSM modem and
activates relays as per the command.
• And send the feedback SMS to operator through GSM
• Controller connects the load to the main supply by operating
Liquid Cristal Display
either 4-bit or 8-bit
•Which displays the
amount of power
• GSM means Global
system for Mobile
• GSM transfer the
instruction to main circuit
from operator and vice
• The frequency range
specified for GSM is 1,850
to 1,990 MHz
• Relay is an electrical switch that opens and closes under the
control of another electrical circuit.
• The phase of main supply is connected to relays.
• OFF condition relay contacts are in open, under ON condition
contacts are in closed position.
• Means it connects the phase to the load in ON state only .
required to operate
relay is 8-12v .
•The output phase
connected to relay
range is 7 amp
•It gives the sound
while contacts are
• Led lights are used to know the circuit status ,means power in
the circuit is present or not.
• Reset switch is used for restart the controller tasks from the
beginning when ever it is struck.
• Crystal oscillator is used to generate the proper voltage to
relays in controller.(means generating clock pulses).
• High accuracy over a wide current dynamic
• Tamper proofing.
• Reduce financial risks.
• Better customer service.
• Improve operational efficiencies.
• A mini printer can be interfaced to get a
printed bill or details of billing.
• Remote recharging can be implemented
through telephone line or wireless network.
• Software can be modified to view the balance
This project is performing satisfactory function
in laboratory condition. The device designed is
used in conjunction with an Induction Energy
meter. With minor modification in the
software and hardware this system can be
used for field application.