University of Cebu Banilad, Cebu City A CESDEV Outreach BSN 4 – A
Alay Lakad 2008
- “ Kagalingan ng Kabataan,
- Responsibilidad ng Bayan”
Cebu City marks Alay Lakad
- First Posted 15:10:00 09/15/2008
- The Cebu City government is celebrating the Alay Lakad Week starting Monday
- The celebration is covered by a City Resolution No. 08-380 that declares the third
- week of September as Alay Lakad Week.
- The theme for this year’s celebration, “Kagalingan ng Kabataan, Responsibilidad ng
- Bayan,” hopes to develop the youth to become productive members of the
- This year’s Alay Lakad Walk will be held at 6 a.m. on September 21.
- The walk aims to generate funds to support the socio-economic projects for the
- The walk was initiated by the Department of Social Welfare and Development
- (DSWD) in the early 1970s to strengthen the capabilities of the youth and to
- To date, more than a thousand youths in Cebu City benefited from the
- Alay Lakad through scholarship grants, vocational skills training, leader
- -ship seminar, scouting, basic business management and livelihood projects.
- For the first semester alone, a total of 65 scholars have availed of the
- skills training on general electricity, refrigeration and air conditioning,
- electronics, PC operation, culinary, fine arts, dressmaking and cosmetology
- both at Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (Tesda) and
- Cebu City’s Department of Manpower Placement and Development.
- Some of its previous scholars graduated in four-year courses and even passed
- the board exams for nursing, engineering and teaching at Cebu Normal
- University and Cebu State College of Science and Technology.
- This year, Alay Lakad Local Steering Committee chairman Renato Aquino
- hopes to reach out to 500 more youths in Cebu City.
6:00 a.m. was our assembly time near the Provincial Capitol
We were waiting for the others to come
Other schools prepared drummers
There were police to keep us safe
Our Class Adviser, Mrs. Emma Dela Pena joined us in this outreach
The alay lakad begun
Tha walk with a worthy cause ...
The fuente osmeña road
The banner of this activity
we arrived already in the cebu sports complex
The people who attended the alay lakad
Taking a rest after the long walk ...