Transcript of "Ôn Thi Bằng B Tiếng Anh Chứng Chỉ Quốc Gia"
I. Choose the word or phrase that best complete the
• 1. Farmers look forward to ___________ every summer.
A. participating in the county fairs
B. participate in the county fairs
C. be participating in the county fairs
D. have participated in the county fairs
• 2. When you say “Never mind that John said”, you mean ___________ .
A. don’t forget that John said
B. you are sorry for that John said
C. you remember what John said
D. don’t pay any attention to what John said
• 3. If I say that Mary made up that story, I mean that __________ .
A. she told it well
B. she invented it
C. she repeated it several times
D. she told it badly
• 4. The situation was __________ complicated by John’s indecision.
• 5. Nancy hasn’t begun working on her Ph.D. ___________ working on
A. still because she is yet
B. yet as a result she is still
C. yet because she is still
D. still while she is already
• 6. The cyclist _________ he crossed the main street.
A. looked with caution after
B. had looked cautiously before
C. was looked cautious when
D. looks cautious when
• 7. Here __________ notebook and report that I promised you last week.
A. is the
B. was the
C. are the
D. has been a
• 8. Cuba is ________ sugar-growing areas in the world.
A. one of the larger
B. one or largest
D. one of the largest
• 9. Last year, Matt earned _________ his brother, who had a better
A. twice as much as
B. twice more than
C. twice as many as
D. twice as more as
• 10. That magnificent __________ temple was constructed by the
• 11. __________ , he would have been able to pass the exam.
A. If he studied more
B. If he were to a greater degree
C. Studying more
D. If he had studied more
• 12. Our flight from Amsterdam to London was delayed __________ the
A. because of
C. on account
D. as result
• 13. Of the two new teachers, one is experienced and _________ .
A. the others are not
B. another is inexperienced
C. the other is not
D. other lacks experience
• 14. The “Consumer Price Index” lists _________ .
A. how much cost every car
B. how much does every car cost
C. how much are every car cost
D. how much every car cost
• 15. Please write out the answer to the question at the end of ________ .
A. eighth chapter
B. eight chapter
C. chapter eight
D. chapter the eight
• 16. Neptune is an extremely cold planet, and _________ .
A. so does Uranus
B. so has Uranus
C. so is Uranus
D. Uranus so
• 17. The doctor insisted that his patient ________ .
A. don’t work for three moths
B. take it easy for three moths
C. talking it easy for three moths
D. to take some medicine for three months
• 18. ________ had they recovered from the frist earthquake than they
felt the second tremor.
C. No sooner
• 19. He phoned to tell me that he couldn’t come tomorrow
because he _______ to the dentist.
A. had gone
B. was going
D. would go
• 20. The disease spread ________ all our attempts at keeping it
D. in spite
II. Select one underlined word or phrase in each
sentence that should be corrected:
• 21. The Pilgrims were 102 English emigrants whom, after arriving on
the Mayflower, became the first European settlers in New England.
D. the first
• 22. All the scouts got theirselves ready for the long camping trip by
spending their weekends living in the poen.
• 23. After to have won the light-heavyweight titlr at the 1960 Olympic
Games, Muhammad Ali began to box professionally.
A. to have
B. at the
• 24. The information officer at the bank told his custumers that there
was several different kinds of checking accounts available.
A. at the bank
D. there was
• 25. A turtle differs from all other reptiles in that its body is encased in
a protective shell of their own.
III. Choose the item that best completes the unfinished
statement or answer the question about the passage:
• Langston Hughes was one of the greatest American writers of the twentieth century.
He was born in Joplin, Missouri, and moved to Cleveland at the age of fourteen.
Several years later he spent one year in Mexico before attending Columbia
University in New York. For a few years after that he roamed the world as a seaman,
visiting ports around the world and writing some poetry. He returned to the United
States and attended Lincoln University, where he won the Witter Bynner Prize for
undergraduate poetry. After graduating in 1928, he traveled to Spain and to Russia
with the help of a Guggenheim fellowship. His novels include Not Without Laughter
(1930) and The Big Sea (1940). He wrote an autobiography in 1956 and also
published several collections of poetry. The collections include The Weary Blues
(1926), The Dream Keeper (1932), Shakespeare in Harlem (1942), Fields of Wonder
(1947), One Way Ticket (1947), and Selected Poems (1959). A man of many talents,
Hughes was also a lyricist, librettist, and a journalist. As an older man in the 1960s
he spent much of his time collecting poems from Africa and from African-Americans
to popularize black writers. Hughes is one of the most accomplished writers in
American literary history, and he is seen as one of the artistic leaders of the Harlem
Renaissance, the period when a neighborhood that was predominantly black
produced a flood of great liteature, music, and other art forms depicting daily city life
• 26. What is the main topic of this passage?
A. the life of Langston Hughes
B. the Harlem Renaissance
C. African-American writes
D. American twentieth-century writers
• 27. Where was Lagston Hughes born?
B. New York
D. North Carolina
• 28. What provided Hughes with assistance for his travel to
Spain and Russia?
A. his job as a reporter
B. his career as a soldier
C. a literary fellowship
D. a college study program
• 29. According to the author, what did Hughes do during the
later years of his life?
A. write short stories
B. popularize Afican-American writers
C. advocate racial equality
D. write about life in Harlem
• 30. According to the passage, Langston Hughes was all of the
A. a novelist
B. a poet
C. an historian
D. a journalist
IV. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that
best fits the blank space:
You really have to get very old before you realize you’re old. I’m in may middle fifties
and I don’t feel old yet. However, sometimes I look back at my childhood and
(31)____ things to the way life is for (32)____ kids. Some things have certainly
changed. One area of change is television. Some changes have been improvements.
Some changes, on the other hand, have been (33)____ .
When I started school, most people didn’t have a television; TV was just beginning to
get (34)____ . My father decided to go all out and buy a 16 inch black and white
Motorola set. I still remember watching the Lone Ranger save people from the
(35)____ guys on that awesome electronic machine. That was exciting.
Now, (36)____ have larger pictures in full color. The pictures are clearer and the
sound is much more realistic. The new high definition sets are made to rival (37)____
The variety and quantily of programming has (38)____ greatly. There are hundreds of
channel and more shows than one person could ever watch. There are many fine
entertaiment and educational (39)____ . there’s also a lot of garbage, stuff that most
parents don’t want their kids exposed to. Overall, we have more choices, and that is
I wonder what (40)____ will be like when today’s kids are my age.
• 31. A. forget B. remember C. compare D. miss
• 32. A. today’s B. yesterday’s C. tomorrow’s D. poor
• 33. A. great B. huge C. setbacks D. remarkable
• 34. A. gone B. replace C. expensive D. popular
• 35. A. old B. good C. bad D. best
• 36. A. films B. movies C. billboards D. televisions
• 37. A. movie B. video C. watch D. telephone
• 38. A. loss B. increased C. decreased D. played
• 39. A. books B. shows C. authors D. awards
• 40. A. movies B. food C. cars D. television
31. B. remember
32. A. today’s
33. C. setbacks
34. D. popular
35. C. bad
36. B. movies
37. B. video
38. B. increased
39. B. shows
40. D. television
I. Used the following sets of words and phrases to
make complete sentences.
1. I / go shopping / day.
2. I / have / buy / new / table / chairs.
3. I / not / be / home / until / eight o’clock / this evening.
4. Please / take / dog / walk / and / not / forget / clean /
5. dinner / be / microwave.
See you later!
1.I am going shopping for the day.
2.I have to buy a new table and chairs.
3.I won’t be home until eight o’clock this evening.
4.Please take the dog for a walk and don’t forget to
clean your room.
5.Your dinner is in the microwave.
See you later!
1. ”Why don’t you put a better lock on the door, Barry?”, said John.
John suggested that ……………………………………..
2. Although both his legs were broken in the crash, he managed to
get out of the car before it exploded.
Despite his ………………………………………………………
3. The children couldn’t go swimming because the sea was very
The sea was too ………………………………………………….
4. He was annoyed because his secretary came to work late.
He objected ………………………………………………………….
5. He’s sorry now that he didn’t invite Molly to his party.
He wishes …………………………………………………………..
II. Complete the unfinished sentence in such a way that
it means the same as the sentence printed before it
1. John suggested that Barry (should) put a better lock on the
2. Despite his two broken legs in the crash, he managed to get out
of the car before it exploded.
3. The sea was too rough for the children to go swimming.
4. He objected to his secretary’s coming to work late.
5. He wished he had invited Molly to his party.
Write a paragraph of 100 – 120 words about the following topic:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of advertising
The advantages of advertising on TV:
• Give you the opportunity to communicate with a very large audience.
• Attract people to buy products.
• Get more information source.
• Promote products and service of various companies.
The disadvantages of advertising on TV:
• Cost is very high.
• TV ads are short.
• Do not express much about the product.
• Sometimes , it is not true.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of advertising on TV?
Nowadays, advertising on TV has become one of the most effective ways
to introduce one’s product. Many companies and corporations choose to
advertise their product on TV for some reasons. First of all, advertising on
TV can easily attract people’s attention. If your advertising make the
audience interested in it, your product will be remembered. However,
advertising on TV also holds some disadvantages. The main barrier that
some companies have to wonder carefully is the price that they need to pay
for having a few seconds advertising on TV cost a lot of money. In sum,
advertising on TV has many advantages and disadvantages. However, if
you want your product to be well-known, advertising on TV will be the
best solution for you.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.