1. Drill & PracticeAn Introduction of Instructional Software Copyright © 2012, B. Spearman, All Rights Reserved
2. DefinitionAccording to M.D. Roblyer, drill and practice instructional software presents… Content areas one at a time Positive feedback Positive Reinforcement Assistance for students E.g. Rosetta Stone- Spanish I (Roblyer, 79)
3. Relative Advantage Immediate Positive feedback Positive reinforcement Multimedia interaction Encouraging Practice Improvement within content area skills.
4. Brief Description Content Area: Mathematics Website: http://www.ixl.com/math/ IXL.com is an online drill & practice Grade Levels: K-12 Efficient inside & outside of the classroom
5. Purpose The purpose of this drill & practice software is to… Assist students in mastering specific skills Within a given content area Includes repetition
6. Potential Use Mathematics Foreign Language English as a Second Language English Language Learners Citizenship courses Social Studies
7. Brief Description IXL.com is an online drill & practice software Inside and outside class practice Includes individual state standards Aligned to match state standards Includes improvement tools Progress tracking Goal-setting tools Awards ( IXL.com, 2012)
8. Additional ResourcesA Plus Math: Grade Level: K-5 Created with flash and Java. The game “Hidden Picture” instructs the student to solve numerical math problems to view the photo If solved incorrectly, the student must repeat the problem
9. Additional ResourcesAlgebra Planet Blaster: Grade Level 9-12, adult education, and Developmental high education The objective is to solve an algebra problem to save the earth. If solved correctly the earth is saved, if not the earth or another planet is destroyed.
10. Additional ResourcesMath Flashcards:Grade Level: K-12, Adult education Flash cards with math problem Student must solve within 1 minute If not answered correctly, student must repeat until solved