1. <ul><li>Encarta Dictionary: </li></ul><ul><li>Teacher – Somebody who teaches, especially as a profession. Idea or object from which something may be learned. </li></ul><ul><li>Parent – the experiences, skills, qualities, and responsibilities involved in being a parent and in teaching and caring for a child. </li></ul><ul><li>“ I put the definitions of both of these words in this presentation so that you may see that you do not have to be a parent to be a teacher, nor do you need to be a teacher to be a parent.” </li></ul>
2. Spelling Math Learning Games Home
3. <ul><li>This fabulous website is a great resource for educators and parents. The function of Spelling City is very user friendly, and is a great tool in teaching your children how to spell. It offers a place for your children to visit and practice their weekly spelling words, review, and even test their self on the words they do know. They are able to setup and use the site freely, and access their specific list through their teacher at their specific school. That is what is such a great benefit about Spelling City, the teachers and parents can use this site for teaching and helping children learn without the hassle of writing your spelling words over and over to help you remember. </li></ul>Home
4. How do you want to see your child when they come home from school? Of course we all know how you would answer this question. So the best way to make sure that your child comes home with a smile on his/her face is to get started on SpellingCity.com Find out if your school is a part of Spelling City and then go to the website, register as a student, parent, and then make an easy search for your state, school, and teacher. This will bring up the specific spelling words that your teacher has posted for the week. You may start by reviewing the words, then move on to testing yourself, afterwards the fun thing to do is print off the completion certificate to show that you can earn an A+ on the day of your test. There are many other activities that you can do on Spelling City, such as show off your writing skills, create word searches, and have word scramble quizzes too! Home
5. This is my eight-year-old daughter Avery, and this is her actual report card from the 2 nd grade. This is her first semester in the second grade and so far so good. As you see she has done very well in all of her classes, but especially in Spelling. I have highlighted this for you because I want you to see the difference that Spelling City has made in our lives. This is no joke, really, every night she is on the website studying, playing games, and preparing for her tests. She has received a 100% on every one of the tests that she has taken year-to-date. So if your child is having issues in spelling or you want them to do just a little better than Spelling City is a must try for you and your child. Home Period Class Description Term Teacher Q1 Q2 SM1 Q3 Q4 SM2 0 RDG2/1 READING GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER C+ A- B 0 LNG2/1 LANGUAGE GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER B+ C+ B 0 SPE2/1 SPELLING GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER A A A 0 MTH2/1 MATH GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER B+ A A- 0 SOC2/1 SOCIAL STUDIES GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER S S 0 SCI2/1 SCIENCE GR2 YR DEITRA BEYRER S S
6. <ul><li> </li></ul>Home Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, Brain POP creates animated, curriculum-based content that supports educators and engages students. Our award-winning online educational resources include Brain POP Jr. (K-3), Brain POP , Brain POP Español , and the newly launched Brain POP ESL . All are supported by Brain POP Educators , which features free lesson plans, video tutorials, professional development tools, graphic organizers, and best practices for our teacher community. Ideal for both group and one-on-one settings, Brain POP is used in numerous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to reviewing before a test. Content is aligned to state standards and easily searchable with our online State Standards Tool . Uniquely suited for 21st-century learning, all products are fully compatible with interactive whiteboards, learner response systems, projectors, Macs, and PCs. No downloading, installation, or special hardware is required.
7. Home The State of Indiana Standards for learning Math, mandates that you acquire all of these items, at these particular stages, in order to graduate from high school.
8. Multimedia learning offers a significant opportunity to reach the greatest number of students and most effectively support students with different learning styles. While multimedia learning technology is not a panacea, it should occupy a prominent place in the 21st century instructional toolbox, as research has shown it to be a significant tool for student engagement and learning. styles. Gardner, H. (1999) Intelligence reframed: Multiple intelligences for the 21st Century. New York: Basic Books. Home
9. <ul><li>Learning Games are a great way to build the foundation skills that today's elementary school curriculum requires. These learning games and songs are fun, teach important skills for preschool and elementary school kids and they're free. The website has plenty of learning games to chose from; math, science, math, music, geography, etc. </li></ul>Home
10. <ul><li>Learning Games , is a great place for children from K-5 to enhance there basic skills. They can learn just about anything that they need too, from getting ready for school to getting ready for middle school. The site has many sponsors that make it possible; Spellingcity.com , Parentinginanelectricage.com , Time4learning.com , all of which are great places to explore with your children and let them discover a new way to experience education in today’s demanding society of technology. </li></ul>Home
11. <ul><li>We as future teachers have certain responsibilities to the children of our tomorrow, and that is to make sure that they all receive an education. We must remember that we will be the greatest influence in a child’s life. If you are not serious about your future then you should not be a teacher. It takes a very special kind of person to be a teacher, and though I am sure that a lot of you have always wanted to be a teacher, remember that you are the one that holds many life’s in your hands and that you are essentially the one that is responsible for our tomorrow. </li></ul><ul><li>Teaching and Learning is not just fun and games, but we can help these children to enjoy the time that they are at school, because we don’t know what their lives are like outside of our hands. Handle these children with love and cherish every minute you have with them; you are their Mother or Father outside of the home! </li></ul>Home
12. Home The conclusion to this slide show of emerging technology should probably be the one prior, but I wanted to give my thoughts on what I think we should look at as being a Teacher, Mentor, Tutor, and a Parent. A lot of times people just decide that they are going to chose to do something with there careers and whatever is easier, generally is what they chose. I want people to understand that these families, parents, society as whole puts a lot of faith in the education system, not just a place for learning, but a place that they know their children will be safe. Do not take being a Teacher lightly, just because it may be something that is easier to achieve than being a Doctor, Nurse, Scientist, etc. You are one of the most special people in the world, and people trust who you are!