1. The advance technology in blogs Khadeeja Mahdi 200802474 Jawaher Khalid 200818738
2. Outline:• What is blogs?• History of blogs• Advantage & Disadvantage• Why blogs are so popular?• Why blogs are powerful?• How to creates your own blogs?• Limitations• How blogs work?• Public policies of blogs• Are blogs safety for users?• Examples of Top blogs
3. What is a blog?• It`s a personal journal published on the World wide web consisting of discrete entries "posts” typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first• Also, they are usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often are themed on a single subject
4. History of blogs• 1994 The first blog was Links.net, created by Justin Hall. At that time they weren’t called blogs, and he just referred to it as his personal homepage.• 1997 “weblog” was coined by Jorn Barger.• 1999 “Weblog” was shortened to “blog” by programmer Peter Merholz.
5. Advantages• Freedom of speech.• Share knowledge with other people.• Make friends online.• Can be used as diary.
6. Disadvantages• Need to keep it constantly updated otherwise you lose potential readers• Easy to start, hard to maintain
7. Why blogs are so popular?• Blogging is easy to start and maintain• Blogs are very interactive• Freedom to express your feelings• Blogs are search engine friendly• You can learn a lot from blogs• Blogs are cost-effective• Blogging is fun and for everyone
8. Why blogs are powerful?• It is one of the simplest things to do on the internet• A blog gives you an opportunity to build credibility and a huge readership• Blogging is also a very good internet marketing tool as it is free.
9. How to creates your ownblogs?
10. Limitations• Number of blogs = Unlimited.• Size of pages = Individual pages (the main page of a blog or archive pages) are limited to 1 MB.• Number of labels = 2,000 unique labels per blog, 20 unique labels per post.• Number of pictures (hyperlinked from users Picasa Web Album) = Up to 1 GB of free storage.• Size of pictures = If posted via Blogger Mobile, limited 250 KB per picture; posted pictures are scaled to 800px.• Team members (those that can write to a blog) = 100.• Stand-Alone Page = Limited to 20 stand-alone pages.
11. How blogs work• A blog is normally a single page of entries.• A blog is organized in reverse-chronological order.• A blog is normally public.• The entries in a blog usually come from a single author.• The entries in a blog are usually stream-of-consciousness.• There is no particular order to them.
12. Public policies of blogsIt is different depend on the server of the blog In Google: • Use information to provide our users with valuable products and services • Develop products that reflect strong privacy standards and practices • Make the collection of personal information transparent • Give users meaningful choices to protect their privacy • Be a responsible steward of the information we hold
13. How to blog safely?• Use a Pseudonym and Dont Give Away Any Identifying Details When you write about your workplace, be sure not to gave away telling details.• Use Anonymizing Technologies• Use Ping Servers
14. Examples of Top blogs• Blog.com what is your story?• Google official Blog
16. Any questions
17. Reference• Blogger (service). ( 2012, April 6). Retrieved April 4, 2012, from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blogger_(service)• A Brief History of Blogging. (2011). Retrieved April 6, 2012, from webdesigner depot: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2011/03/a-brief- history-of-blogging/• Blogging Dangers and the Disadvantages of Blogging. (2011). Retrieved April 6, 2012, from Blogging for the beginners: http://www.blogging-the- beginners-complete-guide.com/blogging-dangers.html#axzz1pdaQCW9V• Blog. (2012). Retrieved April 6, 2012, from .wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog• gliffy. (2012, April 7). Retrieved April 7, 2012, from gliffy: http://www.gliffy.com• History of blogging. (2012, April 1). Retrieved April 6, 2012, from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_blogging• admin. (2011, March 27). Why Blogging is a Very Powerful Internet Marketing Tool. Retrieved April 8, 2012 , from SEO desk: http://seodesk.org/why-blogging-is-a-very-powerful-internet-marketing-tool/
18. • Agrawal, H. (ND). Advantages And Disadvantages Of Blogging. Retrieved• April 6, 2012, from Shout me loud: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-full-time- blogging.html• Google. (2012). Privacy principles. Retrieved 8 April , 2012, from google: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/principles/• Main, S. (2008, October 13). Why Is Blogging So Popular? Retrieved April 6, 2012, from scottmain: http://scottmain.blogspot.com/2008/10/why-is- blogging-so-popular.html• How Blogs Work. (ND). Retrieved April 6, 2012, from How stuff works: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/social- networking/information/blog.htm• Parkinson, D. (2008, March 14). Advantages and disadvantages of blogs. Retrieved April 6, 2012, from http://daparky.com: http://daparky.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-blogging/
19. book:• why blogs? Motivations for blogging ( 2010) by Sarah Pedersen• Video YouTube:• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPhFc6GqVdU&feature=relmfu• Jing video:• http://screencast.com/t/QjgLjQmBb• Power point